Google Calendar import probem— ical file showing events not in calendar?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Google Calendar import probem— ical file showing events not in calendar?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike Kirby
    Participant

Now that we are testing imports of the google calendar, we are finding something very odd.

We have a calendar named “2 – MA (Norfolk, Quincy, Cape Cod, Boston)” that we are attempting to import.

Here are the ical and html links:

ical: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/maine.edu_ukaccm1d3epstkvcsidtvanie4%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

html:
    https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=maine.edu_ukaccm1d3epstkvcsidtvanie4%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

When I look at the HTML of this shared calendar, I see different events than are showing up in the .ical file— specifically there are events named “Upload Study USA” in the ical file that show up for August/September but not in the HTML view.

What could cause this? I do not have these events available to me in my own calendars, but I think they are on different calendars of the person who owns this calendar that is shared with me.

When I look back in the .html calendar, I do see “Upload Study USA” events occurring in February/March/April of 2017 but not August/September.

Mike Kirby
    Participant

We had the owner of the calendar delete an OLD “Upload Study USA” event that was showing up for February 2017, and that seems to have gotten rid of these odd entries.

The calendar we are importing was created more recently than that, so it’s very strange that this event in February would have attached itself to this calendar in the first place.

I’ll leave this open in case this is a known issue we can avoid, if we see no further oddities I’ll close in a few days.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mike!

Thanks for reaching out to us and for following up with your findings.

I could not find the “Upload Study USA” event in the ICS nor the embedded calendar.

I’m not aware of an issue like that, but I’ll leave this open for the moment. If you encounter any issues, please let us know about it and I’ll be happy to assist.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Calendar import probem— ical file showing events not in calendar?’ is closed to new replies.