Google Calendar import not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Google Calendar import not working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ingridfraulill.dk
    Participant

I purchased Aggregator in order to have a nicer looking mirror of my Google Calendar on my website.
    Ideally I’d like Event calendar to preserve featured images, but change the dates if they get changed on Google.
    Unfortunately it doesn’t work. At all. Deleted events don’t get deleted, or moved.

Ideally I’d like to preserve local changes (added text and images), but mirror the date from Google. This doesn’t work at all.

If I use “Overwrite my event”, then the date changes along with the Google settings. But deleted events on Google don’t get deleted on Events Calendar. Which makes it useless for me.

Can you help? I do like the idea behind the plugin, and it looks nice. But if I have to update manually, there is no point in using it โ€“ย I bought it in order to avoid mistakes.

Best regards,
    Ingrid

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Ingrid,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you ๐Ÿ™‚

Event Aggregator will only import events and you can sync updates from those events but only updates made from the export location like Google Calendar. However, if an event is deleted from Google calendar you will need to manually delete that event from your Events Calendar.ย This is a feature which we actually have on our long term roadmap but at the moment I don’t know when it will become reality.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

ingridfraulill.dk
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

thank you for your answer. Too bad โ€“ then Event calendar/Aggregator is of
    no use to me. I bought it in order to avoid the mistakes that I make when
    manually updating events.

Can you recommend a plugin that mirrors my Google calendar and looks nice?

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Ingrid,

If Event Aggregator is of no use to you, would you like us to swap your license for an Events Calendar PRO license instead? (or another one of our products?)

Otherwise I’m sorry but I don’t know any plugin that mirrors Google calendar.

Have a nice weekend ๐Ÿ™‚
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Calendar import not working’ is closed to new replies.