Google calendar import no longer working

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Google calendar import no longer working

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mjinchoe
    Participant

Unable to submit this to community forum (which is extremely annoying by the way that you do not allow all previous customers submit a thread), we have had this plugin installed and working for more than a year. It imports our events from google calendar. Recently, it stopped importing any information about the event. It just imports that something is happening on a specific day, but no title, description, etc. Nothing has been changed. Any ideas why it is no longer working? Has google changed something that makes it not work any more with your plugin.

Thanks,
    Rob

mjinchoe
    Participant

For anyone else with this issue, google changed the app settings which override the share settings in the google calendar section. I discovered that the drop down for share calendar in the regular google calendar area had been greyed out. The option we had previously selected for showing “all information” was changed to showing busy only and would not allow us to select the option to show all information. After several hours of digging as there are multiple google consoles and dashboards that control google calendars, I found they changed the way they control the calendar sharing options under the google app admin dashboard. The settings in this dashboard override/control the settings in the regular calendar dashboard (huh? come on google dev…). Weird thing is after changing it the app admin and seeing that it now works, it still shows the option greyed out in the regular calendar share area. Go figure. Anyway, here is a nifty article on how to fix:
    https://support.google.com/a/answer/60765?hl=en

Caroline

Hi there!

Glad to hear things are working well again on your end, and thanks so much for sharing more information! If you should come across any other issues in need of fixing (or if you’d like to help out other users who might be experiencing this same problem), I encourage you to check out our WordPress.org support forums–we’d be thrilled to have you on board with us there! 🙂

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread for now, but please don’t hesitate to follow up with us here for pre-sales or on WordPress.org for any other inquiries. Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Google calendar import no longer working’ is closed to new replies.