Google Calendar import creates numerous duplicates for recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Calendar import creates numerous duplicates for recurring events

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    paul
    Participant

It seems for recurring Google Calendar imported events that 200+ events per event instance are created. I did not see this initially after setting up the Event Calendar plugin and might be occurring when the calendar is refreshed. Basically wondering how do I nuke my current settings and start over. Also, what settings are recommended to avoid hitting this issue again. See:

https://www.zumasrescueranch.com/events

Cliff

Hi, Paul. Sorry you experienced this.

We don’t have a big red button to nuke your The Events Calendar events, organizers, and/or venues data.

That being said, you could possibly craft some custom code to do so via PHP. Let me know if you have the skill to go this route and need any help along the way. I doubt it’d be something comprehensive or perfect, but I’d be willing to try to help you avoid any major gotchas (although we couldn’t provide any guarantees, and, of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site).

We had users reporting duplicate imports but that issue should have been fixed already.

Are you currently experiencing this issue now or was it from the previous week or month or so?

paul
    Participant

We have been using the plugin since early May-17 roughly. So, the issue could have crept in then and I’ve just noticed it. The easiest thing might just be to abandon the current page and start over with a functional replacement if the defect does not exist in the current version. We stay up-to-date.

paul
    Participant

I deleted all the events from wp_ouvi_posts table in the database. I noticed that when I imported the google calendar events the first time, several of the events generated a duplicate – but not on subsequent imports. If you modify an event on the google calendar, you get a duplicate on the next import. I think there may still be an issue with imports from google.

Cliff

Thanks for the update.

Could you please send the Google Calendar .ics URL you’re experiencing this with?

paul
    Participant
    Cliff

I looked through the events in that .ics file. Please let me know if some or all of these are the duplicating events (all the ones I found with special characters in the event titles):

1. ROTH: Colt Starting 101
    2. School Group Volunteer/ZEAL activity Carly
    3. Mission Now (Veterans) Kitchen Remodel
    4. Dentals _Razz\,Adalgo\,Captain\,Shiloh\,Cy\, Ziggy
    5. ROTH: 7-Day Trainer’s Exams
    6. Kenosha Auctions Benefit & Concert
    7. Z- Live @ The Ranch Music Series
    8. Americorps volunteers \;)
    9. Wedding Lo & Joe @ Z-Mansion
    10. California Pizza Kitchen FUNdraiser!
    11. Valentine’s Day Happy Hour!
    12. Boomers Room Rental $450.00
    13. Whole Foods 5% Day
    14. Birthday Party!
    15. Landscaping Day!
    16. Baby Shower at the Ranch!
    17. Colorado Mammoth vs. Philadelphia Wings Game!
    18. Zuma’s Luck Party!
    19. Demolition Day!
    20. Volunteer orientation/ tour
    21. Chiro- Jim Campbell . Nepal and Wilma
    22. Craft Party!
    paul
    Participant

ROTH: 7-Day Trainer’s Exams was one of them, but the largest were:

Volunteer Orientation
    Horsemanship 101
    ZRR Board Meeting

Sent from my iPhone. Please pardon my brevity, typos or lack of continuity.

Cliff

Well I couldn’t find any pattern among these events. Therefore, the best I can do for now is log the bug and have our developers look into it. I’ll pass along the information we’ve gone through already.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Cliff

Hi, Paul. We recently deployed some fixes to the app server the processes all the Event Aggregator requests.

Are you still experiencing this bug? If yes, is it exactly as before or maybe at all different?

Please note that threads get Closed automatically after a couple weeks of inactivity. If it does get Closed, please open a new thread, adding your current problem description and also linking back to this thread.

Thank you!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Calendar import creates numerous duplicates for recurring events’ is closed to new replies.