Google Calendar import attachement

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Google Calendar import attachement

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    steph
    Participant

Hi
    is there any chance you guys are working on adding a feature to import the attached image of a google calendar event in the same way you import it from facebook events?
    I would have thought this feature worked across all imports, but it turns out it won’t import from google

Cliff

Hi, Steph.

I believe you’re requesting the same thing as one of our existing feature requests: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/16696279-import-google-calendar-attached-images-as-event-im

Please do add your vote there.

This allows us to gauge interest in this particular feature request, which helps us prioritize our development efforts.

Thank you.

steph
    Participant

How many votes will you need for this to be implemented?
    I am really surprised that this does not already work out of the box, and wouldn’t imagine this being too big a project, considering you already do it for Facebook posts.. So the wordpress part should already be in place to recieve the images.

Cliff

Well only 8 votes since October 2016, doesn’t qualify it as a “hot” item…

We also don’t have a hard-and-fast rule about the number of votes “required” for us to decide to do a new feature.

Lee
    Participant

I started the vote. However, as Steph said… this is extremely easy, the image link is already there in the feed! For a good coder it would only take a few hours.

Surely your development should also prioritise features with a lot of benefit to people and to help you sell your plugin, rather than just a voting system which most users will be unaware of?

Sorry, I am just fed up waiting for this 🙁

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Lee.
    Cliff

I have mentioned your emphatic feedback to management, Lee.

Please note, however, that this is one of very many popular feature requests, some in UserVoice, some internal that are parts of bigger initiatives and infrastructural enhancements.

And now you do know about our UserVoice page. Feel free to use it to your heart’s content. We definitely monitor it!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Courtney

Hi there

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue ?

Find out more about this release →  https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-22-october-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and see if the fix works for your site.

Thanks
    Courtney

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Calendar import attachement’ is closed to new replies.