Google Calendar import

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Calendar import

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Ken
    Participant

I have several events that have a description then I use Gravity forms shortcode to insert a registration form for that specific event. When I click on the add to google calendar button on the single event view I see the shortcode from the event.

Some descriptions might be longer for certain events but that wont aleays be the case. Is there a easy way to not include the shortcode when adding the event to google calendar?

Ken
    Participant

I thought trying to add a more tag in would word however that did not fix it…

Sample of whats imported to google calendar
    It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content of a page when looking at its layout. The point of using Lorem Ipsum is that it has a more-or-less normal distribution of letters, as opposed to using 'Content here, content here', making it look like readable English. It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content of a page when looking at its layout.Registration Form[gravityform id="8" title="false"]…

Ken
    Participant

Re-visitng this and now I get an error of:
    414. That’s an error.
    The requested URL /… is too large to process. That’s all we know.
    When I click the + Google Calendar link from my website. Uggghh this is frustrating.

Leah

Hi Ken,

Sorry for the delayed response. To clarify, is your goal here to remove the Gravity Forms shortcode when you export to Google Calendar? I’m a little confused about what you’re trying to do, but I’ll try to help as best I can.

Thanks for your patience.
    ~Leah

Ken
    Participant

That’s correct, or at least use the excerpt or a portion of the content when adding to the Google Calendar export.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Ken,

You can filter the params for the Google Calendar button like this (add this to your functions.php file): https://gist.github.com/3791894

All I did was wrap get_the_content() in strip_shortcodes() to strip any shortcodes. Does that work for you?

– Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Ken, just checking in to see whether or not this worked for you so I can close this thread out. Please let me know.

– Jonah

Ken
    Participant

I gave it a shot but I am getting a error from google that the URL is too long to process. It looks like its adding %2B for all the spaces. Here is a link to an event. http://www.financialtools.com/event/introduction-to-cash-insight/

I tried with ical link and that still shows the shortcode. May that is going to need a separate function?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Ken,

I’m able to import it just fine, no errors…

For iCal, you’ll need to use the tribe_ical_feed_item() filter.

I hope that helps,
    Jonah

Ken
    Participant

Weird I dont get the error now…I’ll keep an eye on it. Where do I look up the tribe_ical_feed_item() to see how to filter the content?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Ken, it’s in /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/events-calendar-pro.php on line 482 🙂

– Jonah

Rob

Hey Ken! Jonah’s last comment above get you where you need to be, or are you still unclear on anything? Let me know if we can do anything else here or if this thread is set to close out. Cheers!

Ken
    Participant

Thanks for checking in Rob, I have had other fires to put out on the site but I just took a look at Jonah’s recommendation for the ical_feed. I didn’t see the reference to tribe_ical_feed_item() he mentioned.

Ken
    Participant

I was looking at wrong version of Event Calendar Pro. I found his reference. Maybe he can take a look at this paste and let me know if I am on the right track? http://pastebin.com/ycp50P3n

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Ken,

Close… Try this: https://gist.github.com/3854047 – I think the only issue is you need to remove the parens for tribe_ical_feed_item in the add_filter function call.

– Jonah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Calendar import’ is closed to new replies.