Google Calendar events

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Google Calendar events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Roger Bayramian
    Participant

I use google calendar and most of the events are syncing over. One of the events does not seek and I can’t figure out why. For example, I have an event on Sunday that recurs every two weeks, but is not importing. All my other recurring events show up.

Cliff

Hi, Roger. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

What did you mean one of the “events does not seek” — a typo?

Could you please provide the URL you’re importing from and details of this single event that isn’t importing (so I can try to find it within the .ics file downloaded from Google Calendar)?

Roger Bayramian
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thanks. Here is the link for the ical from Google.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/i4jkkvqchbt5sjhsbp7ittbr9o%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

If you look on the calendar on the website, it is missing the Super Bowl event on February 4th and also the Northridge Community Group on 2/11 which is a recurring event. It just doesn’t seem to be syncing correctly.

Thanks,
    Roger

Cliff

I did a one-time import and it worked as expected:

Might it be accidentally ignored: https://cl.ly/0f2Y2y2t2X0J ?

If its not in your list of Ignored, please try importing it as a one-time manual import.

Please let me know what you find out.

Roger Bayramian
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

I did the manual import preview as you stated and I do see the events. My only concern is that if I do a one time import, it’s going to duplicate all the events I already have in the events. Will it ignore them or duplicate? I believe in the past it duplicated them.

Thanks,
    Roger

Cliff

We’ve had a variety of bugs in the past that resulted in duplication, but that should all be fixed now. Whether you one-time import or scheduled import, the event’s Unique Identifier (UID) property from the iCalendar specification is logged in your database to tell Event Aggregator this event is already in there.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups as well as performing modifications first on a staging site before modifying anything on your site.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Calendar events’ is closed to new replies.