google calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO google calendar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alyson Evans
    Participant

Hi
    Google calendar has suddenly gone missing from the event pages. It now shows a + google map view (which shows the correct area when click to view google maps) and a massive space where the calendar should appear.

I followed the information on the help topic. it did have a link to for a fix which i clicked but the problem still remains.
    i have changed the theme to 21 and still same issue. https://meditateinsouthampton.org.uk/event/simply-meditate-saturdays-6-2018-08-25/
    is an example but if you click on any of the events its the same issue on every page.

Edward

Hey there Alyson!

Thanks for reaching out — sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties, I can help you out with that.

After taking a quick look at your site, it looks like there is an issue with your Google Maps API key. You can check this under Events → Settings → APIs.

In early July, Google rolled out some new changes to it’s Maps API, I’m not sure if that’s what is going on here, but I thought it’d be worth noting.

Hope that helps!

Alyson Evans
    Participant

hi yes that is what seems to be the issue now you have to pay for google maps api . Is there another service to use? only although will probably not use that many map loads a day feels not right to have an account with automatic billing set up for it.
    Free up to 25,000 map loads per day.

$0.50 USD / 1,000 additional map loads, up to 100,000 daily, if billing is enabled.

Edward

Hey Alyson,

Sadly Google Maps is the only provider that can be used as of now. We hear you though! There have been discussions about suport for other map APIS.

Unless your site receives tons of traffic, you likely won’t have to pay for the service.

Take care,
    Ed ✌️

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘google calendar’ is closed to new replies.