Google

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Google

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    J.P.

We have a client who currently uses Gmail to manage their calendar. Will TEC sync with it?

Thanks!

Nico

Hi J.P.,

Thanks for reaching out and for you interest in our products 🙂

We have an add-on called iCal Importer that let’s you import events from Google Calendar. You can set up recurring imports to keep up with new events added.

Please note this doesn’t mean that both calendar will be synced. For example: if you delete an event in Google Calendar that was previously imported it won’t be deleted in the WordPress site. Also if you create a new event in your WordPress site it won’t be pushed to the G Cal.

Do you think this might work for your project?

Best,
    Nico

J.P.

Hmm. Well, not quite. We really need this to be super easy for the client. They would ideally never need to maintain their calendar within WordPress. Literally, just adding/deleting an event in Google Calendar would populate to the WordPress site.

Nico

Thanks for following up J.P., and sorry to hear our plugin won’t fully cover your project requirements.

Literally, just adding/deleting an event in Google Calendar would populate to the WordPress site.

Please note that if you set up a recurring import (daily, for example) all new events will be added. You are right on the part that deleted events in the G Calendar won’t be deleted in WordPress. We know this is a bummer for some use cases (like yours) and we do have this ‘full sync’ feature in our long term road-map, but it’s a rather complex feature to develop and I don’t think we are going to see this baked in the near future.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Google’ is closed to new replies.