GoDaddy says website is crashing because of the plugin?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus GoDaddy says website is crashing because of the plugin?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Magdalena
    Participant

Hi there, My client’s site has been down for the past few days. Godaddy is saying it is plugin’s fault. I have WooCommerce, Calendar and Tickets plugins integrated. If you visit the site it will probably be down. Memory Usage reached 2000MB at times. CPU Usage almost 100% Is there something you can suggest?

Magdalena
    Participant

I also notice a different issue just right now. When I clink on a event the page shows 404 error. For example: http://www.sweetestcakesupply.com/event/ruffles-and-ruffled-roses/ The event was created and has content and permalink.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Magdalena,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I took a look at the site and it looks great! However I did notice it to be a bit sluggish and had some pages that were unable to load (not 404 pages but server issues). Unfortunately it sounds like this site may have outgrown the current hosting plan on GoDaddy. If you’ve got a site with a lot of products and events it can definitely have an impact like this. Just from a quick look at the first “Shop” page it looks like there are over 500 products on the site? Also, from a brief look at the calendar, it looks like that is pretty active as well.

Have you had a chance to look at the specifics of the current hosting plan and compare it to their new WordPress specific hosting https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/wordpress-hosting.aspx?

For the 404 issue, if you go to Settings > Permalinks and re-save the permalinks setting does the 404 of the single events persist?

Thanks!

Magdalena
    Participant

Thank you, Josh for replying so fast. I did fix the 404s! Yay! Going back to the slow load… I am somewhat familiar with their WordPress Hosting plan but I was wondering if this will actually help. We added physical memory to my client’s current plan and it a little over 2000MB now. The level for the CPU usage is 2. From your experience do you think our current plan or even a private server will help or a WordPress hosting plan is a better solution? Thanks for your help!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Magdalena,

To be honest I’m not terribly familiar with the different GoDaddy hosting plans. I just know that many of the lower-end, shared hosting plans aren’t intended for sites with regular traffic and extensive amounts of content (like the large number of WooCommerce products). I’m personally a WPEngine fan but have heard great things about other hosts as well.

My suggestion would be to reach out to GoDaddy about their WordPress hosting and see if they think it would be a good fit for your site. Also, many of the other WordPress specific hosts would also be willing to look at your current usage and help to get you pointed in the right direction for plans that would work with each of their services.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘GoDaddy says website is crashing because of the plugin?’ is closed to new replies.