Giving Users the option to select paypal or stripe on community tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Giving Users the option to select paypal or stripe on community tickets

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Colm
    Participant

Hi,

I know that community tickets can accept payment using either stripe or paypal.

When somebody sets up a ticketed event on my site, can I give them the option of accepting payment by either stripe or paypal (but they can only pick one)

The reason I am asking is because I would like to share the profits with them, but the profit will vary depending on whether they have chose stripe or paypal

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Colm,

Thanks for reaching out! Let me help you with this one.

I would like to share the profits with them

Are you using Adaptive Payments? Or how are you doing this?

At the moment Community Tickets only supports sharing income with PayPal Adaptive Payments and unfortunately that service has been sunsetted by PayPal. If you already have a subscription there then likely you can still use that functionality, but if not, you will not be able to register for it any more.

With our plugins we don’t provide any other options currently, but we are looking into different options to replace Adaptive Payments.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Colm
    Participant

Hi Andras

I already have adaptive payments but my query does not relate to this.

Can I let the person posting the events choose to use paypal or stripe (but only one of them)

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for clarifying, Colm!

No, unfortunately that is not possible out of the box.

A possible workaround:

I believe there is a WooCommerce plugin that lets you limit the payment gateways based on different cirteria. I think it’s the Conditional Shipping & Payments plugin.

With this you can limit the payment gateway based on product category or users.

When a user submits an event you can ask them to choose a category for payment (stripe or paypal).

Unfortunately the event category doesn’t automatically transfer over to the ticket / product category, so you would need to do some custom dev for that.

If you have a rule set up based on product category then automatically the selected gateway will be available.

I’m not sure about your process for this, alternatively you can limit the gateway per user. That would work if you pre-agree with them.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Giving Users the option to select paypal or stripe on community tickets’ is closed to new replies.