Gift Certificates

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Gift Certificates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    macymidd
    Participant

Hello,
    I am using a plugin called “Gift Certificates Pro” with the WooTickets/Events Calendar Pro plugins. After I activated the gift certificate plugin and created a new product in Woo Commerce for the gift certificate, the product points to a URL that gives a 404 error. Any idea why this is?

Barry

It’s possible there’s a conflict – WooTickets does modify product permalinks – but I’d need a little more detail as I am unfamiliar with the Gifts Certificate Pro plugin.

Is it just the new gift certificate product that is affected?

macymidd
    Participant

I can’t create a new WooCommerce product (aside from WooTickets events) with or without the plugin activated.

Barry

OK – so when you deactivate Gift Certificates Pro there is a still a problem in that you can only create event tickets (via WooTickets), you can’t create any other products?

And if you additionally deactivate WooTickets does everything return to normal at that point?

Occasionally conflicts can be compound in nature – that’s to say, three may be a conflict somewhere along the line with yet another plugin (or even your theme) that isn’t immediately obvious. For that reason, I’m going to recommend the following steps as part of the troubleshooting process:

– Please deactivate all other plugins except for The Events Calendar, WooTickets and WooCommerce

– Please also ensure that each is the latest stable version

– Change your theme to a default, unmodified one such as Twenty Twelve

– Are you now able to create regular products and also event tickets?

macymidd
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Okay, I did what you asked and I didn’t get a 404 error like before, but the product did not show up as it’s own post. Rather, the product URL pointed me to basically a blog page.

Barry

So when you say “the product did not show up” is this a product you created with/especially for Gift Certificates Pro?

And were you still unable to create other, regular products with WooCommerce at that point?

macymidd
    Participant

Hey Barry – Gift Certificates Pro is an add-on, so you create a product like normal through WooCommerce, then select an option within the post that says “enable gift certificate.” However, I get a 404 error when I create the product with gift certificate option enabled, AND I get a 404 error when the gift certificate plugin is deactivated and I am just trying to create a regular WooCommerce product.

Barry

OK. So it may be you need to reach out to WooThemes on this one (or to whomever made the gift certificate add-on). Can you give an example of one of the product URLs that result in a 404?

macymidd
    Participant

Maybe, but the problem exists even when I have that plugin disabled.

Here’s a regular WooCommerce product – http://thetexaswineschool.com/product/gift-certificate-240

And a WooTicket product – http://thetexaswineschool.com/wine-class/wine-tasting-class-blind-tasting

Barry

Can you link to your WooCommerce storefront (and do you have any test products that you have created independently of the gift certificate plugin)?

I appreciate in practice you may not be exposing the storefront to customers, but there may be some ‘clues’ therein.

macymidd
    Participant

http://thetexaswineschool.com/store

The styling is messed up – but here you go. You can add to cart, but you can’t click on the actual product.

Barry

Cool – can you create a new test product that isn’t in anyway connected to the gift certificate plugin (or identify any of those which are not – though I’m guessing by the product titles they all are)?

macymidd
    Participant

I have deactivated the Gift Certificate plugin, so all of these products are just simple WooCommerce products.

Barry

I appreciate that, but even so if you could create a new test product that could eliminate a number of possibilities where changes to the products (by that plugin) were committed to the database within the posts/post meta tables.

macymidd
    Participant

Done. New product named “Test Product.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Gift Certificates’ is closed to new replies.