Getting Start/End time required error

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Getting Start/End time required error

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jesse
    Participant

I am having the same issue as Derek. Switching to a default theme and disabling plugins does not help. I did manually require EventStartHour, EventStartMinute, EventEndHour, EventEndMinute as described in the documentation at: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/required-fields-for-events-submission-form/

It’s important that the Date and Time be required since I am setting up an anonymous form. However, when I opt to require them the form is currently impossible to fill out because the backend does not recognize that these fields are submitted. As a possibly related issue, the text “(Required)” does not appear next to the Date/Time section header as it does for venue and organizer, even though I did require the time fields.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/getting-startend-time-required-error/

Cliff

Hi, Jesse.

I just tried submitting an event (here’s a video), and it went through (so please delete it from your site).

Since I wasn’t able to replicate the issue, maybe it’s a browser-specific issue. Could you please share your information from http://supportdetails.com/ on a browser that you can reproduce this issue on?

Jesse
    Participant

That’s because I had to turn off validation so the form would be useful. If I turn on start and end date and time requirement, it’s impossible to submit the form. But if I leave them non-required, that will drive our staff crazy because they’ll get submissions without dates and times.

In a related issue, we only want to accept submissions for events in June, and we would like to lock the calendar widget that pops up on the form down to June only.

If you want I can set up my testing server to reproduce the problem so you can see for yourself. Also I can probably give you admin access on the testing server.

JOS

Cliff

Gotcha.

1)

Could you please provide the full code you’re using to customize the Community Events form’s required/validated fields?

2)

Regarding your June customization, that would be possible via JavaScript, but doing such in-depth customization for you would be outside our Scope of Support / Terms.

If there’s a code snippet for it that you would like me to put some eyes on or something else I can help you with, please update this ticket or create a new ticket if it’s a separate issue.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Jesse
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Getting Start/End time required error’ is closed to new replies.