Getting ready for a new year – how to export event organizers & venues to CSV??

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Getting ready for a new year – how to export event organizers & venues to CSV??

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 6 months ago by Meredith Eisner-Heidorn.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

In getting ready for 2017, I’m creating an easy to use database so that our field staff can identify events for inclusion. So that they don’t have to start from scratch, I want to include all of the event organizers and venues we already have in the database.

My understanding is that I can use the standard WordPress export function to export each group (organizers and venues) into an XML file, then convert that to a csv and bring that into my database. But the XML file that I’m getting provides information for each venue and organizer in a structure that requires a ton of work before it can be imported elsewhere. For example, each organizer appears in multiple rows, with each row containing a distinct field (description, phone, URL, etc.). To bring it into a database, each row should contain one organizer with their fields in different columns.

Are there other alternatives that would enable to get where I want to go faster?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Nico

Hey Meredith,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

There are a couple of 3rd party plugins that might help you export Venues and Organizers to CSV. For example: WP CSV Exporter, WP CSV, WP All export, etc.

Hopefully any of these will help you getting the CSV files ready,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Getting ready for a new year – how to export event organizers & venues to CSV??’ is closed to new replies.