getting "out of installs" message on local computer

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus getting "out of installs" message on local computer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Helen McLean
    Participant

FYI, I often access my locally installed WordPress sites using 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost. Using 127 to access elicits the “out of installs” message, but signing in as localhost the message disappears.

I appreciate the flexibility you give in allowing us to use the license on test sites. Would it be possible to add 127.0.0.1 as a domain that is obviously a test site?

Cliff

Hi, Helen.

We have this help article on the topic: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-live-dev-sites/

I also sent on the request to our development team for their eventual review.

Could you please clarify what you mean by “signing in as localhost”?

Helen McLean
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks, that’s the article I read before writing to you. It specifically mentions a local instance (using something like MAMP or WAMP or Bitnami to create WordPress instance on your computer) where you view that WordPress install like:

localhost:8888/example

My habit has been to access a local install using:

127.0.0.1:8080/example

They are equivalent and I was just asking if the 127.0.0.1 could be added to your list of obvious test sites.

Cliff

Gotcha. I’ll pass that along to the developers.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘getting "out of installs" message on local computer’ is closed to new replies.