getting license key 'not valid' messages in error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO getting license key 'not valid' messages in error

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    deshub
    Participant

Hi,
    Last week I renewed my ECP license and also purchased Community Events. When I input the license keys into the Settings page, I get a message for both ‘Sorry, this key is not valid.’ Can you help? I want to update the calendar to the latest version and I can’t right now. Thanks!
    Ted

George
    Participant

Sorry to hear this @deshub!

I would recommend manually performing the update to Events Calendar Pro 4.1.3, and then trying to enter your license key into the options again.

To do this, head over here to get the latest version of Events Calendar Pro and any other premium-licensed plugin you’ve paid for ? http://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads

Try updating and see if it helps!

— George

deshub
    Participant

This reply is private.

deshub
    Participant

Forgot to mention, the last time I tried to make this work, I also disconnected ECP from the site in the License Key tab under ‘My Account’. It now shows up as connected again, even though in WordPress it says it’s invalid.

George
    Participant

I’m really sorry to hear about this! This behavior is not behavior I can recreate.

I would recommend deactivating ALL plugins except for just these ones only:
    • The Events Calendar
    • Events Calendar Pro
    • The Events Calendar: Community Events

1. In this state, how do things behave?

2. If issues persist, then what if you leave your site in this state, but then also activate a default theme like Twenty Twelve or Twenty Sixteen? How do things behave in this state?

Thank you!
    George

deshub
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

deshub
    Participant

Hi George, Thanks for all the detail. I wasn’t worried about function, it does seem fine, I just wanted to be able to do the quick updates. In one of my many attempts to update the keys, a different red message very briefly flashed up just before the ‘invalid key’ message. It went by so fast I’m not sure what it said exactly but it did suggest some kind of issue that I subliminally interpreted as hosting/permissions/connection related, so I can pursue that line of inquiry with the host and see what happens. Thnaks!

George
    Participant

Thanks for your patience and persistence here, @Deshub. Please do keep us posted on your interaction with your web host!

As noted, I have not been able to recreate any of the odd behaviors you are experiencing, and have confirmed that your license is valid and configured properly on our end.

So, this is an odd issue—but I will keep this thread open and am happy to try and see this through to its end.

Let us know how it goes with your web host, and if they notice anything on their end of things.

Cheers!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘getting license key 'not valid' messages in error’ is closed to new replies.