Getting an error on Category List View

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Getting an error on Category List View

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Max
    Participant

For example on this page http://www.communitynewspapers.com/events/category/kendall-gazette/

I am getting the error “Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/southfm2/public_html/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 1039” and navigation isn’t displaying. I searched for this error on Google and I saw some other sites running TEC with the same error. Maybe there is an easy fix? Thanks

Casey
    Participant

Max,
    Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear that you’re having issues. Since this seems to be an Events Calendar issue, I’m moving this thread over to the PRO forum and will have someone follow up with you. Thanks and stay tuned…

Barry

Hi Max. I’d be happy to help. It looks like a problem with the walker that builds your nav menu – although the errors appear to be all over the page that’s a CSS issue and they actually are generated before The Events Calendar’s templates even run.

Can you try:

• Disabling all other plugins except for those made by Modern Tribe
    • Reverting to a default theme such as Twenty Eleven or Twenty Twelve
    • Check and see if the problem persists? If this solves the problem, please reactivate everything one-by-one until it returns. This will help us to narrow down the problem

Thanks!

ets techsupport
    Participant

I’m also seeing this on our site..

PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /var/www/publish/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 1039

A quick search across Google brought this error up on many other sites. They all look to be running this plugin as well.

Have you managed to find the issue?

Barry

Not as yet, I was waiting for Max to run through the recommended troubleshooting steps and report back – please feel free to run through those same steps also.

ets techsupport
    Participant

Unfortunately, I won’t have time for the next two weeks to help troubleshoot; not that I wouldn’t but actually am getting married next week.. priorities.. lol. Right now it is just a warning in our logs, however it does seem fairly widespread once 3.5 was installed. I can ignore the warning for now. If you search for “PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given on line 1039” you’ll see that it is affecting a lot of sites that use your plugin.

Jason

Barry

Sure, well we’ll wait and see if Max can help here since although the symptoms may be similar the cause isn’t necessarily going to be the same in each case, so I’ll wait out on his feedback and work through this with him.

Barry

Hi Max/Jason,

We’ve had another person reporting what sounds like the same problem in a different thread and I’ve invited them to join this thread and leave their thoughts here.

Since from what everyone is saying it sounds like numerous sites running The Events Calendar are affected I’ve logged this issue for further investigation and will report back.

In the meantime, if anyone else experiences the same problem and ideally if they can run through the recommended troubleshooting steps that would be excellent.

Last but not least, please remember that a best practice for production websites is to turn the display of errors off.

Duncan
    Participant

Hi Barry, ok Template has been changed to Twentyten, all plugins disabled and the problem is still there.

I’ve noticed it’s only happening in one category, so I deleted the category and all events within it created the same category again and it reappeared?
    What next? 🙂

Chris
    Participant

Hi Barry, we’re also experiencing this problem. For us we’re seeing it on single day pages that don’t have any events. I think spiders are remembering URLs for dates that have events deleted from them. For instance:

Good:
    http://www.lacrossechamber.com/calendar/2012-03-14

Bad:
    http://www.lacrossechamber.com/calendar/2012-03-15

Barry

Thanks everyone for checking in and reporting this issue. Development of 3.0 – the next major release – is reaching a watershed point and so we’re expecting to see that released sometime soon. The good news, in relation to this issue, is that the QA team don’t see this same problem with that version.

In the meantime a course of action I would anyway recommend (whether you were experiencing this or not) is to turn the display of errors off, especially if it is a production or “live” website. There are lots of good resources out there to guide you through this but ultimately if you run into any difficulties I’d recommend contacting your web host, as they will be able to guide you around any restrictions in force within each hosting environment.

With that said, please check out these resources, in many cases you will hopefully not need further assistance:

Duncan
    Participant

I know very little about messing around editing files, Think I’ll just wait till the next update and hope it goes away. failing that I’ll be back!

Barry

Yep, that may be sensible. What I’m going to do is close this thread. If on the release of 3.0 the same problem does persist (it shouldn’t!) do feel free to create a new thread.

Barry

Hi all. We’re taking another look at this problem, so, if anyone is still seeing this error:

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /…/public_html/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 1039

And you are happy to help out here, it would be massively appreciated if you could provide us with a database dump – this will improve our chances of replicating (and, hopefully, fixing) this problem.

The devs and designers amongst you will probably know how to do this, but for anyone who wants to help and is unsure how to create a database dump please check in with your hosting provider – often you will have access to a tool called phpMyAdmin (generally via your hosting control panel) and if you can login here you will find an Export tab that lets you basically create and download a copy of your database.

If you could then send it to us at [email protected] – including a reference to this thread – we will see if we can use it to make some further progress here.

ets techsupport
    Participant

We are still seeing the warning, however our db is around 5GB and we can’t really send it. I’ve been watching for the new version that doesn’t display this error? I am assuming it is still an issue?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Getting an error on Category List View’ is closed to new replies.