get_sidebar is not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO get_sidebar is not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Julian
    Participant

Hello,

I actually have some trouble with loading the sidebar on my events page template.
    I’ve build up a new page template, including get_sidebar() but this call seems to be ignored …

I disabled all plugins and changed theme back to twenty fifteen, which has worked …

Is there a way to fix this behaviour with my theme?

Kind regads,
    Julian

Geoff

Hi there, Julian! Welcome to the forums. 🙂

Good question. It’s very possible that your theme has its own function for calling sidebars, but it’s pretty tough for us to troubleshoot it from the plugin’s end. Your best bet here is to get in touch with the theme author and ask whether there is another way to call a specific sidebar other than the standard method provided by WordPress.

And, of course, if there’s something we can do on our end to make that easier, we’d love to know about and get that feedback. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Julian
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

thank you for your fast answer!

I’ve contacted the theme author who tolds me, that this customizations are not included in support …

I’ve tested my build page template on a different page where The Events Calender is not set as URL and voila, the sidebar appears, but still not on my events page … The page template on the different page is correctly loaded, I’ve checked the source code …

Kind regards,
    Julian

Geoff

Hi Julian! Thanks for following up. 🙂

Have you tried adding the sidebar directly to the calendar template? The file is located at /plugins/the-events-calendar/views/default-template.php.

Check out our Themer’s Guide for more info on how to override templates by adding them to your theme and let me know if you run into questions along the way.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Julian
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I tried the default-template yesterday before building a new template and now I’m using it again.

I fixed the issue calling the widget area directly in the default-template.php, wrapped in a div called sidebar.
    This works great 🙂

Thank you for the advice!

Julian

Geoff

Well, that is fantastic! Thanks for following up and confirming, I’m glad it all worked out. 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to start a new one if any other questions or issues pop up and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘get_sidebar is not working’ is closed to new replies.