Get rid of "You have venues for which we don't have Geolocation" warning

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Get rid of "You have venues for which we don't have Geolocation" warning

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    efromdc
    Participant

It wont dismiss and its SERIOUSLY getting on my last nerve 🙂 🙂 🙂

How can I disable the warning?

Leah

Hi efromdc,

The best way to get rid of that warning is to generate the geolocation data for those events 🙂 You can do this from Events –> Settings. Scroll down to the Map Options section and you’ll see a button for generating the geolocation. Once that’s generated, your Map View will work better and the prompt should go away.

Best,

Leah

efromdc
    Participant

I didnt explain this correctly
    I dont want the warning under ANY circumstance. AT ALL.
    Please do not reply and say “generate map data and it goes away.” I want the message completely gone 100% of the time under ANY circumstance.

Can someone tell me the php to turn the message off please?

Thank you…

efromdc
    Participant

50% of my data will NEVER have geolocation data. So I dont want the warning up there because it takes up space 50% of the time.

Please reply with the php code to shut the warning off under ALL circumstances.

Leah

Hi efromdc,

Thanks for clarifying. Dropping this snippet into your functions.php might work for you:

remove_action( 'admin_init', array( TribeEventsGeoLoc::instance(), 'maybe_offer_generate_geopoints') );

If that doesn’t work, could you give me an example of one of the addresses you have that doesn’t have geolocation information? Having something to test with will help us build a working snippet.

Best,

Leah

efromdc
    Participant

Placing this code snippet into rooturl/functions.php breaks my site.
    I need a solution please ASAP as this is driving apeshyt…

efromdc
    Participant

Note that I am running 3.4.1 so if the code is for your latest version, I need you to give me the code for MY version. I can NOT update to the latest at this time. Need the fix for my version. Thank you.

Leah

Hi efromdc,

I think you might have put the snippet in the wrong place- I apologize for being unclear before! Adding the snippet to rooturl/functions.php would break your site.

Please try again, and this time paste the snippet at the top of your theme’s functions.php file, underneath the first line “<?php”. If your theme does not have a functions.php file, go to your theme folder, create a new text document file called “functions.php”, and paste this text in the first line of the file “<?php”. On line 2 or 3, paste that snippet. You can find your theme’s functions file under wp-content/themes/your-theme/functions.php.

If that still doesn’t work, we’ll need you to give us an example address for further investigation.

Best,

Leah

efromdc
    Participant

That did the trick. Thanks!

Leah

Awesome, thanks for confirming! If you have a minute or two, we will love it if you could leave us a review here. Thank you for your support!

~Leah

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Get rid of "You have venues for which we don't have Geolocation" warning’ is closed to new replies.