Get error trying to edit forum post

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Get error trying to edit forum post

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Greg Perham
    Participant

I just tried to make a correction to a new topic I created, but got “ERROR: Forum ID is missing.”

Bad documentation.
    Buggy forum.
    Update broke my site.
    All this in the first two hours.
    $178
    >:[

Zach Tirrell
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

I’m bummed to hear that your first impressions with us have been below your expectations. It has been a challenging couple of days around here, but things have stabilized and I’m hoping we can begin re-building confidence from here.

I’ve not seen the specific forum issue that you are reporting, if you encounter it again, can you take a screenshot and/or capture the URL? This is certainly not expected or common behavior and if we can get the right information, I’d be happy to chase it down.

On the topic of bad documentation, please let me know if there are specific missing pieces of documentation or incorrect docs. We spend a lot of time with each release producing more documentation and editing the existing docs. That being said, our product covers a lot of different scenarios and has a long history. It is certainly possible that we have missed some items, but I can prioritizing getting that resolved.

I’m optimistic that your experience with us will be a positive one and I always welcome feedback if you are feeling dissatisfied in any way.

Sincerely,
    Zach Tirrell
    Director of Product

Greg Perham
    Participant

I will screenshot it the next time.

On the subject of the forums, the suggested topics is incredibly frustrating, appearing multiple times after I try to dismiss it.

Zach Tirrell
    Keymaster

When you are done entering a subject, it shouldn’t prompt you again. It will however, continue to make suggestions as you adjust your title. Without this, we gets lots of duplicate reports.

If you are experiencing something different, let us know what browser you are using and we’ll take another look.

Greg Perham
    Participant

1. type title
    2. suggestions appear
    2. dismiss suggestions
    3. click in body of post
    4. suggestions reappear
    5. type body
    6. click title, don’t make any changes
    7. suggestions reappear
    8. click body
    9. suggestions reappear

Zach Tirrell
    Keymaster

Interesting. I’m definitely not seeing the same thing. What browser and version are you using? I’m guessing we have a JavaScript bug.

Greg Perham
    Participant

Chrome. It’s probably just attached to too many events, live focus and blur and keypress.

Greg Perham
    Participant

Marking closed

Zach Tirrell
    Keymaster

Thanks Greg, don’t hesitate to raise concerns when you have them, we always appreciate the feedback.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Get error trying to edit forum post’ is closed to new replies.