Get custom field to display in subscribed calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Get custom field to display in subscribed calendar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    leemanpa
    Participant

Hey there.. I added a custom text field that works fine for viewers using the PC version of our website. When someone subscribes to calendar using iCloud or Google, the custom text does not show up. I would like this custom field to show up as a priority in listing as well. In other words, when in month view and you hover over event, I want the custom field to show in preview popup.

leemanpa
    Participant

Another option would be to change the ‘Organizer’ to ‘NCS Operator’ and use that as a dropdown to select the member that is scheduled. That involves changing language files, I assume?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I will try to help with your question.

The ical feed does not currently support any custom fields. I do not believe the language files will affect the field that is used in the ical file, as it uses a set of strict standards for the data.

Sorry I didn’t have better news for you on any of this. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
    Sky

leemanpa
    Participant

OK, I understand that, NOW: Is there a way to change the text ‘ORGANIZER’ to something else? In other words, rather than an event organizer, could I globally change the word ‘organizer’ to ‘Net Control Scheduled’???
    So instead of the title ‘organizer’ on every event, it would show the event ‘net control scheduled’?
    That would easily solve my issue, as the database organizers are the same people that would be needed for the drop down. I just want to give them a title other than ‘organizer’..
    Thanks in advance for the assist!

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Check out this extension: https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/change-labels-events-venues-organizers/

Let me know if that will help you achieve what you are describing.

Thanks,
    Sky

leemanpa
    Participant

I found that just the other night! JUST what I needed. Perfect, Thanks!

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Awesome! Glad that works for you.

Please let us know if you have any questions or issues in the future.

Thanks,
    Sky

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Get custom field to display in subscribed calendar’ is closed to new replies.