German translation isn’t working

Home Forums Additional Help Translations German translation isn’t working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Severin Lucks
    Participant

Hi there,

we’re using THE EVENTS CALENDER PRO and since few weeks the German translation isn’t working completely, even though the Plugin has been translated to German 100% (according to “LocoTranslate” ) the translation on our website isn’t fully working.

We already downloaded the most recent .po and .mo file from http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/projects (for “Events Calender”, “Community Events” and “Events Calendar Pro”). But still some words won’t get translated into German language.

The Site Language in WordPress ist set to German.

Is there any way to fix this or do you have other responses to this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Cliff

Hi Severin. Sorry you’re experiencing these issues.

I believe you’ve obtained the free/core plugin’s translation files from an old source (not the current WordPress.org source).

We’ve got these instructions:

Please reference that information and let me know if you need any further assistance.

If you do, specify which words/phrases you’re having issues with and at which URLs.

Severin Lucks
    Participant

Hi Cliff!

As I mentioned in my first post we already downloaded AND installed the most recent versions of the .po and .mo files for the Events Calendar Plugin, the Events Calendar PRO AddOn and for the Events Calendar Community Events AddOn. We did all the steps that are mentioned in those instructions.

Furthermore we’re using the most recent version of WordPress (4.5-de_DE) and set the Language (Settings → General) to German.

Do you have any other idea to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot!!!

Cliff

Please provide links and annotated screenshots of the words/phrases on your site that you’re seeing in English when your WordPress language is set to German.

Sebastian
    Participant

I’m having the same issues. Using WPML and set to use the .mo files instead of string translations for plugins. Also have Event Tickets Plus installed. I’ve just downloaded the latest .mo files too, this helped with a few translations. However, it can’t find the translation for
    rsvp.php L96: <header><?php esc_html_e( 'Send RSVP confirmation to:', 'event-tickets-plus' ); ?></header>
    anywhere in the string translations or in the .po files. I can find this in the event-ticket .po file, so it’s obviously a bug in the code.

Geoff B.

Hey Severin,

I’m chiming in at my colleague Cliff’s request because I am an avid WPML and multilingual site user too 🙂

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply ? https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Secondly, I have a couple a question concerning the words that are not translated. So far I am seeing that: Cost, Time, Phone and email are not getting translated properly.

Could you tell me if there are other strings that are not being translated correctly on your end ?

Finally, it looks like you are using some template customization (which might explain why there are untranslated parts). Could you tell me if there is a /tribe-events/ folder in your WordPress theme directory ?

Thank you @Sebastian for your tips, although I am not sure that Severin is using WPML (but rather locotranslate if I am not mistaken). That being said, technically, we do not support Events Tickets Plus with WPML. If you would like some assistance in solving any other issue, I would recommend opening a separate forum thread so that you can get the attention you deserve.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘German translation isn’t working’ is closed to new replies.