Help Desk

German translation for Events Calendar (Pro) 3.3.1 and Events Community

  • Posts: 298 Topics: 108 Answers: 1
    | Permalink

    Hi Leah,

    back from vacation I translated the actual versions of the plugins and made lots of fine tuning.
    The .po and .mo files can be downloaded here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4qdok1lkjoiv3o/Events_Calendar_and_Community_3.3.1_de_DE.zip

    Important hint:
    In the search bar I made a small change to the code in /lib/the-events-calendar.class.php (included in the ZIP file). In line 4159 the “caption” is changed from “Search” to “Find” and in Line 4161 the “html” is changed from “Search” to “Search key”. From my point of view this “Search: Search key” sound better than “Search: Search” 😉
    http://www.treffpunkt-jazz.de/events/

    I hope you will use the translations in the next version of the plugins.

    Unfortunately there is still one translation bug in the “cost” section (currency symbol and cost appear in english), which make is impossible to translate it:
    http://www.treffpunkt-jazz.de/events/community/add/

    Do you have an idea, where in the code the “cost” section can be found (it looks to me that it is hardcoded as I didn’t find it in the .po-file?)

    Best regards from Munich,
    Oliver

    Posts: 3443 Topics: 13 Answers: 199
    | Permalink

    Hi Dieter,

    Thanks so much for working on these! The files look great and they’ll be included in the next maintenance release. I’ll email you shortly with a coupon for you free licenses 🙂

    Best,

    Leah

    Posts: 298 Topics: 108 Answers: 1
    | Permalink

    Hi Leah,

    thanks for including the files in the version 3.4.1. of the calendar. I installed it today and it looks very good.

    Do you have an idea about the question regarding the currency translation above?

    Best regards,
    Oliver

    Posts: 298 Topics: 108 Answers: 1
    | Permalink

    Hi Leash,

    one more info: it looks that the code in /lib/the-events-calendar.class.php was not changed as described above.

    Will the change be a part of the next release?

    Best regards,
    Oliver

    Posts: 3443 Topics: 13 Answers: 199
    | Permalink

    Hey Oliver,

    Thanks for your patience. It looks like the Cost fields are in the .pot file for The Events Calendar. You translated them in your version and they work on my test site: https://cloudup.com/cfOWD2xSJsG. Are you still seeing them in English?

    For the other issue, you’ll need to get in touch with our support folks in the PRO Forum. I’m not sure exactly which lines of text you’re referring to, but our support team will be able to pinpoint that and ticket it for changes as necessary.

    Cheers,

    Leah

    Posts: 298 Topics: 108 Answers: 1
    | Permalink
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Posts: 3443 Topics: 13 Answers: 199
    | Permalink

    Hi Oliver,

    You’re right, that screenshot was of the backend. It looks like we found the culprit in the other thread (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/translation-not-working-in-community-events/) so I’m going to go ahead and mark this one Resolved. Thank you!

    Best,

    Leah