Geolocation search and map view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Geolocation search and map view

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    acoustical
    Participant

Hi,
    i use a standard theme and no other plugins – a fresh installation. The script works fine except the “Near by” search and the “Map View”. Both show “No events found” … but the single event page shows the google map correct. Thank you for support!

acoustical
    Participant

Perhaps i should describe the issue in an other way: The complete Search bar in the Map-View is not in function. This view do nothing at all …

Barry

Hi – thanks for the questions  and I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing problems.

So to confirm, you have one or more venues with upcoming events but none show on your map view?

acoustical
    Participant

Yes, thats right. And the radius search is not in function. In Single Events Google Map works fine.
    You can have a Look at it: acoustical.de/events

Best regards
    Stefan

Barry

Hi again Stefan: can you confirm that was the correct URL? I’m not seeing any events related content there.

acoustical
    Participant

Hi Barry, thank you for your reply. The List view: http://acoustical.de/?post_type=tribe_events

Barry

Hi Stefan: it may unfortunately be the case that you’ve hit up against a bug detected recently by one of our other users and which we are working hard to fix. Can you confirm if these events were largely imported from Facebook, and were they initially set to save as drafts (or, anything other than published)?

acoustical
    Participant

Hi Barry – yes I can confirm that the events imported from Facebook and safe as drafts. But, when I delete all events and fill in a event manually the bug still exists.

acoustical
    Participant

Now I delete my old WordPress – Installation and use a fresh installation without facebook – import – Plugin. But I´m not successful – the same bug still exist.

acoustical
    Participant

The List View: http://www.acoustical.de/?post_type=tribe_events
    The Map view: http://www.acoustical.de/?post_type=tribe_events&eventDisplay=map

The map and radiussearch – function was the main reason to buy your software. So, if you can´t fix it – please refund.
    Best regards
    stefan

Barry

I’m a bit puzzled, my own tests show there is no problem obtaining coordinates for this venue from Google, for instance. Can I ask you to try editing that venue – change the street address (from Lindenstraße 5 to Lindenstraße 55, for example) – save the change – then change it back. Is it available in map view then? Is map view still centered in the Atlantic Ocean?

acoustical
    Participant

When I edit the venue and save it, the Pin ist available in map view, but is still centered in the Atlantic Ocean. When I do the same with another venue, only one pin is displayed. The radius search dedects no venue at all.

acoustical
    Participant

When I use your “Event Rocket Plugin” Longitude and Latitude shows 0. When I make this entries manually, the correct venue is displayed and the radius search is in function. The main question: Why getting coordinates not taken over?

Barry

Very strange. Could you try adding this code to your theme’s functions.php file (just temporarily to run a test). Then visit an ordinary WordPress page but add ?geotest to the URL, something like:

example.com/sample-page/?geotest

Or:

example.com?p=100&geotest

Then see if any output is added to the top. The ideal would be if you see something like this:

Geometry result:

object(stdClass)[515]
        public 'lat' => float 50.23189
        public 'lng' => float 11.01797

array (size=5)
        'headers' => 
            array (size=10)

If you could post the results here (via Pastebin or Gist if they are lengthy) that would be helpful and should help us to see if the problem is that Google cannot be reached/is returning a negative result from your server only, or if the problem is occurring at some later or even earlier point in the process.

Thanks!

acoustical
    Participant

No geometry data
    array(5) {
    [“headers”]=>
    array(11) {
    [“content-type”]=>
    string(31) “application/json; charset=UTF-8”
    [“date”]=>
    string(29) “Sat, 22 Mar 2014 15:17:25 GMT”
    [“pragma”]=>
    string(8) “no-cache”
    [“expires”]=>
    string(29) “Fri, 01 Jan 1990 00:00:00 GMT”
    [“cache-control”]=>
    string(25) “no-cache, must-revalidate”
    [“vary”]=>
    string(15) “Accept-Language”
    [“access-control-allow-origin”]=>
    string(1) “*”
    [“server”]=>
    string(4) “mafe”
    [“x-xss-protection”]=>
    string(13) “1; mode=block”
    [“x-frame-options”]=>
    string(10) “SAMEORIGIN”
    [“alternate-protocol”]=>
    string(7) “80:quic”
    }
    [“body”]=>
    string(137) “{
    “error_message” : “You have exceeded your daily request quota for this API.”,
    “results” : [],
    “status” : “OVER_QUERY_LIMIT”
    }

[“response”]=>
    array(2) {
    [“code”]=>
    int(200)
    [“message”]=>
    string(2) “OK”
    }
    [“cookies”]=>
    array(0) {
    }
    [“filename”]=>
    NULL
    }

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Geolocation search and map view’ is closed to new replies.