Geolocation on Events Pro Calendar

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Geolocation on Events Pro Calendar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike Keats

Hi, I am looking for an events calendar that can handle lists as well as a map. The map needs to show different venues/halls and there events.

The map needs to pin point the users location so wanted to check that the geolocation options of the Pro plugin and that it can do what I need?

Regards
    Mike

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Mike,

Thanks for reaching out!

Our base plugin, The Events Calendar does have the list view, and with the Events Calendar PRO add-on you can have a map view.

However, the map will not show you venues and halls, but it will show you the events with their locations. In short: it’s a map of events, not a map of venues.

We do not have geolocation in our plugins, but sounds like a good idea. If you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Mike Keats

Ho, thanks for the reply. I was confused as on the following page it mentions geolocation within the search?

Events Calendar Pro

It would works for me if it shows on the map pins etc for each event.

What does the geolocation in the search do that is described on the above page?

Regards
    Mike

Andras
    Keymaster

It means that if you enter a venue with its proper address, then the plugin will automatically geolocate it and will put it on the map. It will not show the distance from your current position out of the box.

A.

Mike Keats

Perfect then. I still think you have an option to have a location pin of the user ?

We are going to be showing quite a few events at quite a few venues. Is there any recommendations on how to structure them?

We will be concentrating on events such as sport, live music, quizzes and festivals

Andras
    Keymaster

If you would like to be able to show only one kind of events on the map at a time, then I would suggest using categories for the events. There are category specific urls for all the views.

Alternatively you could use our Filter Bar plugin which will give you further filtering options.

You can check out the filter bar on our demo page. It is the second grey bar that says “show filters”.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Geolocation on Events Pro Calendar’ is closed to new replies.