Geolocation / map issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Geolocation / map issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

I think I have looked at this way to much. Today we noticed that a few events are not showing on map view. I verified info and re pulished. that didnt work. Next I deleted the event and created a new one. Still didnt show up. So I did a test event on the other side of the USA. still nothing. Then I noticed that it tells me 6 venues need geolocation info fixed. I click fix and nothing it still shows me 6 venues need fixed. I think this may be why they are not showing on the map view.

James
    Participant

After digging into the DB. I noticed that my new Venues are missing. _VenueGeoAddress, _VenueLat, _VenueLng, _VenueVenue, _VenueVenueID
    so Now I question what else is not being generated when I create a venue and assign to a event? I need help ASAP… If this is a bug which I think it is. I am on 3.8.1 of event pro.

James
    Participant

Well I feel I am talking to myself. But I found that my server has an issue with cURL and HTTP access module of the core WordPress install. I reinstalled WP4 and dropped my version of Event manager to 3.4 and it fixed my problem as of now. I just updated to 3.8.1 and see no issues yet. I have noticed that the WP admin is really slow now, but it might be the server.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having and for the late reply. We try to respond to tickets within 24 hours.

Thanks for the information about cURL and HTTP access module that will help in the future narrow down these problems.

Something that might help as well is looking at the Event Rocket Plugin:

Event Rocket

It is an unofficial plugin made by developers of our plugins, but does provide a coordinate field on the Venue Page you can manually enter.

Not sure why the admin is slow now with the update to 3.8.1, now that you are on the latest version are you able to create venues successfully?

Let me know and I can help troubleshoot this with you.

Thanks

James
    Participant

Yes on the 3.8.1 version I was able to create venues. I will give the Event Rocket a shot… looks like it might help in the future.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok sounds good.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Geolocation / map issue’ is closed to new replies.