Geolocation based on city or area code

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Geolocation based on city or area code

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cesar
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    Nice products!

I’m close to launch my website and I wonder if there is possible to autofill “Near” field with for example the area code of the client or name of the city. Also when I write for example “Paris” it does not return a thing :/

If you need access let me know.

Thank you.
    Cesar

Cesar
    Participant

Can you tell me which criteria is matched when searching with “Near” field? SQL statement for instance…
    Where can I modify it?

For example if I use the name of the country none return is given :/

Thank you

Cliff

Hi Cesar. Thanks for your questions.

The “Near” field that Pro adds to the Tribe Bar is from this file: /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Geo_Loc.php

The default geofence radius is 25 miles, which can be filtered — find function get_geofence_size() in that file.

As far as autofilling the search field, you can just link to your site’s search — like this being the URL for searching “New York, NY, USA”: yoursite/events/2016-02/?tribe-bar-geoloc-lat=40.7127837&tribe-bar-geoloc-lng=-74.00594130000002&tribe-bar-geoloc=New+York%2C+NY%2C+USA — just remove the “2016-02/” part so it doesn’t always go to February 2016.

If you prefer a shorter URL: yoursite/events/?tribe-bar-geoloc=New+York%2C+NY%2C+USA will autofill the field but not actually filter the results. In other words, they’d still need to click the “Find Events” button to submit the search.

I hope this is the information you were looking for.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Geolocation based on city or area code’ is closed to new replies.