geolocation

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO geolocation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    joseph
    Participant

Hello,

I currently own the event calendar pro and I am trying to implement a geolocation function based on longitude/latitude and so forth. I am wondering if I use a geolocation plugin (WordPress), would that be able to separate my events by whatever city or location a particular person is at the way that a geolocation is supposed to work. I am not interested in a map view. I want something that redirects to a server base to an individual’s current location. So my question would be is, Would a plugin allow the events on the calendar to be divided to whatever location it is from? Example, I have several states and cities with different events. Someone from Maine does not want to see events from New York. I just want to make sure that this will allow me to do this or does internal coding not allow it?

Hunter

Hi Joseph,

Welcome back to our support forums. I imagine what you’ve described is possible, but this sounds like something you’d have to test out yourself and see how it goes. I’d start by searching the forums to see if you can find examples of it being done. Another option would be to visit our UserVoice Feature Ideas and submit it as a request.

Sorry we can’t be of more help in this instance and best of luck. If you do get caught up along the way and need assistance, feel free to create a thread specific to what you need and we’d be glad to take a look. For more information on what’s covered on the support forums, please review our What support is provided for license holders? Knowledgebase article.

Thank you and have a great weekend ahead. Cheers!

joseph
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Welcome back,

I’m sorry, but I am a little confused by your last response. If possible, can you try asking the question in other words? I’m guessing here, but you could create a page (something like http://your-site.com/dallas) and add a shortcode displaying events taking place in Dallas. An example would look something like this: [tribe_events_list city=”Dallas”]

Please let me know if this helps and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

joseph
    Participant

Thank you! I actually figured it out.

Hunter

Excellent! Glad to hear you’re on the right track and please feel free to open a new thread if you have any more questions or concerns. Have a great upcoming weekend!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘geolocation’ is closed to new replies.