Genesis + Events Calendar Pro Recommended Developers?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Genesis + Events Calendar Pro Recommended Developers?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Zach

Hello,

We purchased the Events Calendar Pro and are still having issues with a Genesis integration. I have reviewed pretty much everything in support that mentions or references installing this plugin on a Genesis platform, but am still coming up short. Does Modern Tribe have a list of recommended developers that could be hired to complete the integration or customization so that it will work with Genesis?

Thank you for your time!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. We do not have a list of developers, but I maybe to help fix what is going on here on the forum.

I use Genesis and can provide some coding to fix issues that come up.

What issues are you having and I maybe to point you in the right direction.

Thanks

Zach

The bulk of the issues have been when we incorporated ECP with Genesis, the single event post and event calendar page would not format correctly. Between the breadcrumb issues and it wanting to pull styling from someplace else (regardless of what the settings were in the ECP control panel), it never jived. We hired an independent developer to resolve the issues and they were successfully able to force some styling, but the single event posts had weird formatting and the calendar page couldn’t do geo search or other options that are included with the plugin. I’d love to have it resolved and use the plugin as I think it’s the best on the market, but I’m stuck in limbo at the moment and selling event tickets as products in Woo because of the issue with ECP and the ticketing not jiving with the team. I can email site link, etc if need be to discuss further. Like I said, I think you have an awesome product, but I’ve never been able to get it to work on standard genesis install or the custom one we’re running right now.

Brian
    Keymaster

Zach,

Sorry for the issues.

That sounds really strange. I have not run into anything like that in Genesis and I do all my testing for support in it.

If you would like to provide a link in a private reply I can take a look.

I cannot be hired from the forum to do any outside work I am only able to be hired if found on my personal business site.

Let me know and I will take a look for you.

Thanks

Zach

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hey Zach,

I will have to look into the breadcrumb issues I have not used those before.

Unfortunately, we are on our team trip this week and I do not have my full testing site available.

I will keep this on my list to take a look as soon as we get back.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

I looked at the site more and see what you mean about the breadcrumbs not showing on the Event Views (month, list, etc) and there is no link in the Single Events.

That is because of how the Events Calendar Custom Post Type and archive page is setup.

I will look into resolving this, not sure how easy a fix is.

I did not get the search function to error out, it was working for me, what are you searching for an on what page?

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

So I looked into this some more.

And the problem is Genesis thinks the Event Views such as Month, List, Map, etc.. are home pages so it causes the breadcrumbs to not work.

So it looks like the breadcrumbs have to be modified to work correctly, which is more support then I can provide on the forum.

We have this old guide that lays the ground work for new breadcrumbs, but not sure how well it will work for the latest version of Genesis or our plugin.

http://tri.be/tutorial-integrating-the-events-calendar-w-genesis/

I found this snippet that removes the breadcrumbs from Event Pages so at least the broken breadcrumbs do not show:

http://www.snip2code.com/Snippet/209362/Remove-Genesis-Breadcrumbs-from-the-Even

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

Wanted to let you know I am working on an updated guide to address the breadcrumbs and any other Genesis compatibility issues.

I do not have a timeline for its release.

There is nothing more I can do right now on this thread so I am going to close it.

I will update you here when we release the guide.

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Genesis + Events Calendar Pro Recommended Developers?’ is closed to new replies.