Further Customization of Ticket Emails

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Further Customization of Ticket Emails

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Riddle
    Participant

Hi MT Team,

We’re looking to add additional customization to the ticket emails and it doesn’t seem supported in the standard settings tabs. Can you help me figure out what code I need to mess with in order to add additional messages to our guests.

For example, we definitely want to make sure guests are aware that they should print and bring their tickets. We also want to add a different message depending on the price-level ticket that they purchase. Possibly other needs as well.

Thanks,
    Jake

George
    Participant

Hey Jacob,

I’m sorry to bear this news to you but it’s code customization that we can most explicitly not support. We can’t help write code or offer support for customizations if they start causing or having issues on your site.

With that being said, I’d like to help at least a little bit before closing the issue! While adding different messaging based on price level will take a bit more creative coding than we can reasonably support here, the basic idea of adding a custom message to your emails is fairly straightforward.

Basically, you’ll want to run through these steps:

1. Consult and read our official Themer’s Guide here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

2. Using the methods detailed in that article, create a custom version of The Events Calendar’s src/views/tickets/email.php file in your theme.

3. In this file, find where you’d like to add your custom message, and simply add the custom message there.

For more advanced customization, note the comment header at the top of this original file – you’ll see that some information is shared here regarding the $tickets variable and what information it stores, which looks like this:

$tickets[] = array(
    'event_id',
    'ticket_name',
    'holder_name',
    'order_id',
    'ticket_id',
    'security_code'
    );

Not bad! That means you can somewhat trivially get the Event ID (and then therefore basically any info about that event), the Ticket ID (and then therefore basically any info about that, which might be useful if you want to show different things based on ticket price!), and so on.

There’s a lot in that Themer’s Guide to help you get started here, and a lot of information in that $tickets variable that you can get quite creative with.

I hope that despite our support limitations you find this information helpful – please let us know if that’s the case or if you have any other followups questions or concerns here.

Thank you!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Further Customization of Ticket Emails’ is closed to new replies.