Function to hide Settings / help from editors

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Function to hide Settings / help from editors

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, I have a number of editors on my site and I have set the setting of the events calendar pro to my liking and would prefer if no editor went in there now and changed things about. I have user editor role installed but cannot find where to hide the settings and help menu from the editor role? Is there a snippet, function of some sorts that can hide the settings from users other than the admin?

Thanks in advance

Brook
    Participant

Howdy James,

I would love to help you with this. Are you not using the WP Editor Role? Because by default the WP Editors can’t change settings on your website.

If you go into the WP Admin > Users > [Select the user] you will see a drop down list of roles. If you select “Editor” from the drop down then that user will be an Editor on your website and will not be able to edit settings (they won’t be granted the settings editor capability). Thus automatically they won’t see event settings, nor be able to change them.

Are you perhaps using a plugin or something to change user roles and caps? If so, I might not be able to help much. Those plugins sometimes break the default WP roles and caps, giving users the ability to edit settings and such. Sometimes you can fix this by changing the user capabilities to the default.

Does that all make sense? Does that answer your question? Please let me know. Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Function to hide Settings / help from editors’ is closed to new replies.