Help Desk

Front View "View your RSVPs" Not Shown to the Contributor who post the events

We have enabled Events Tickets, Events Ticket Plus, Events Calendar Pro, Community Events. We need our ‘Contributors” to be able to see the RSVP attendee list from the events’ front end.

We hit a problem that no contributor can see his RSVP attendee lists except the administrator of the site. Administrator can see the list when viewing the event he submits.

We would be grateful if anyone could help us with a solution.

Minda

We would like our contributor to view the whole attendee list or RSVPs, not “My RSVPs” from the front view instead from the back end. Otherwise “Community Events” would be useless for us.

Minda

Hi. I tried to replicate this but could not.

Please ensure the logged-in user is shown as the Author of the event. To do so, login as an Administrator, edit the event in wp-admin, ensure the Author metabox is checked, then set the Contributor user as the author.

Then they should be able to get to yourevents-com/events/community/attendees/event/1234/ (the event post ID)

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Hi, Cliff:
    Thanks for your reply!

I did set the user as the Author and put him in the group of Contributor.

He can see the “My RSVPs” once he put in his own RSVP and view his own at front end. However, we would like the author/contributor (the one is normally the organizer of events posted) to be able to see the whole list of the attendees’ RSVPs. So that he will know who will “Go” and who will not “Go”.

Minda

Also, I do not get any record if using yourevents-com/events/community/attendees/event/1234/ (the event post ID). Where do I get the Post ID?

Minda

Hi, Cliff:
    Thanks for your reply! Please see the attached screen shots. I logged in at the front-end and try to view the attendee list to find out who will “Go”. But nothing shows up.

Minda Ji

As a Contributor, I was able to go to wp-admin > Events > the event with tickets > hover over it and click the Attendees link > takes us to this link from your screenshot: /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tickets-attendees&event_id=2592

That 2592 on the end is the event’s Post ID.

The other way to get to the list of attendees is by going to /events/community/list/ and then hover over the event, click the Attendees link > takes us to /events/community/attendees/event/2592/

As a Contributor, I was able to access both of these links to view the attendees.

As a Contributor on your site, are you able to access either of these two links, preferably by navigating to them as I outlined instead of directly entering the URL into the browser’s address bar?

Hi, Cliff:
    Thanks for your kind support. However it does not work for us.

1. We block Contributors to access the back-end admin panel. That’s why we purchased Community Events to allow them to view or even manage (we have also purchased your Community Tickets) the RSVPs or Tickets from Front-end.

2. We tried the 2nd way you suggest as /events/community/attendees/event/2592/. We hit Error 404. Please see the attached.

How did you block such access, via the Community Events settings or another way?

Did you modify any of their capabilities or do anything else to customize the Contributor user role?

Hi, Cliff:
    Thanks for your reply!

We do not want any contributors to access the WordPress/Admin Dashboard.

I block the access by using “Community” tab under Events Settings. We have not modified anything to customize it yet. It is for basic use now.

Please see the attached screen shot.

Minda

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi, Cliff:
    Thanks for your reply!

At the moment we would limit their capabilities to view the attendees list. We will create RSVP tickets for them. If we enable community tickets they would be able to do anything like creating all types of tickets. We could allow them to do this by allowing them to use the admin bar easily, right?

We purchased Community Tickets for possible future usage. Too early to open the full features at the stage.

Minda

So really you want to block all of wp-admin except for their own events’ wp-admin Attendee Report screen?

Are you wanting them to be able to Check-In their own attendees or just view them?

Hi, Cliff:

We would just allow them to view the list, not to check them in.

Thanks!

Minda

From your email:
    So really you want to block all of wp-admin except for their own events’ wp-admin Attendee Report screen?

Yes, just allow them to view the list at front-end. If they are allow to use wp-admin bar they will be able to create and edit any RSVPs and tickets by themselves. We would loose the control (Unless the mata boxes of RSVPs and Tickets are removed, right?).

Minda

Especially since you don’t want them to be able to do Check Ins, please install and activate Community Events Tickets. Then, follow our Themer’s Guide to override /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events-tickets/src/views/community-tickets/modules/tickets.php by copying it to [your-child-theme]/tribe-events/community-tickets/modules/tickets.php and replacing edit_event_tickets with manage_options

This way, only Administrators will see the Tickets form.

An alternative is to just delete the entire <div> below that current_user_can line — then it wouldn’t work for anyone.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Hi, Cliff:
    I will give it a try and let you know if it works for us right.

Thanks!

Minda Ji

You’re welcome. I’ll wait to hear back from you.

Please note that threads get Closed automatically after a couple weeks of inactivity. If it does get Closed, please open a new thread, adding your current problem description and also linking back to this thread.

Thank you!

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

The topic ‘Front View "View your RSVPs" Not Shown to the Contributor who post the events’ is closed to new replies.