Front page and permalinks help

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Front page and permalinks help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tyler
    Participant

I have a new one…

Our domain is a .events TLD and it’s a little redundant to have our events calendar link be domain.events/events

I would like to adjust the permalinks so that the events page is shown at the root of our site at /

I would also like the permalink structure to be a little different… using the year.

For example, a Sample Event in 2016 would have the URL http://www.domain.events/2016/Sample-Event

I’ve tried adjusting these settings myself, but of course I can’t get it to work.

Maybe a shortcode would solve for the front page, but that won’t help the permalinks.

I know that there have been similar requests like this and the response is always a generic, canned answer… Possible, needs coding. Well let’s talk about that. I would like to see this for my site.

Thanks.

Barry

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for contacting us!

To change the permalink structure you would indeed need some custom coding (unless perhaps there is a suitably flexible helper plugin somewhere in the ecosystem that can help you solve it some other way).

We can certainly point you in the right direction, though, and in this case that would be toward the WordPress Rewrite API. In tandem with this, you would probably do well to make use of the following hooks that we provide:

• tribe_events_pre_rewrite (action)
    • tribe_events_rewrite_rules_custom (filter)
    • tribe_events_post_type_permalink (filter)

All of the above can be found in the same source file:

the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Rewrite.php

Studying that – or directing any developer/designer who might do this work on your behalf – would definitely be worthwhile.

If you have any further more specific questions definitely let me know but, again, when it comes to involved customizations this is really something we have to let you drive forward under your own steam. Of course, you are also welcome to post or up-vote things like this on our UserVoice page:

tribe.uservoice.com

Thanks and good luck with the project!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Front page and permalinks help’ is closed to new replies.