Front end submission for venues

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Front end submission for venues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Luc Delhome
    Participant

Hello everybody and excuses for my bad english

First thanks for this plugin great job 🙂

I’m just searching for a way to create specific front end managing and submission pages for venues…
    I don’t want my users to go to the admin pannel, it’s not “friendly”
    And i want to use venues for things little bit different than only places for events (for example restaurants and so on)

I’ve serached in the forums and documentation but found nothing… Any idea?

Thanks in advance for help
    Luc

Andras
    Keymaster

Salut Luc,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums! Don’t worry about your English, it is really good. Definitely better than my French. 🙂

Thanks for the kind words, we’re always happy to hear when someone likes the fruit of our work!

Unfortunately we don’t have a solution focusing specifically on venue submission.

With Community Events you can give the opportunity to your users to create new venues as well, however that only works if they also submit an event.

As a workaround, what you could do is have the users create a fake event called Venue Submission and create the venue. Enable the setting that newly submitted events require approval or become draft. This way the event will not show on the front-end and the venue will still be created.

Does this help?

Andras

Luc Delhome
    Participant

Thanks for answer Andras 🙂

I will take a look and find a solution… I work with a developper who can do this

Thanks for help
    Luc

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for getting back to me on that.

Let me know if there is anything else. If not, then I would close this ticket for now.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Front end submission for venues’ is closed to new replies.