Front End Calendar Not Showing

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Front End Calendar Not Showing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Desiree
    Participant

A few months ago, my calendar stopped showing on the front end. I’m using Event Calendar and Community Events. Today I fixed a Fatal Error message with help from a Forum entry. “Submit an Event” works, but the calendar is not displaying. Posts do show as they did underneath the calendar as they did when it displayed previously, which seems to be a indication that the plugin is operational. Additionally, the listing of events in back end only displays the most recent entry but will not open an edit window.

Note: No new plugins have been added since the calendar stopped showing; and this is the same WP theme as it was when it worked previously. No material changes other than backups and WP / routine updates.

Can you help me? I will provide back end access if you can help.

Barry

Hi – sorry you’re facing difficulties here. Do you happen to have a category, page or post that also uses the slug calendar?

Can you confirm if deactivating all other plugins and switching to a default, unmodified theme resolves this?

Desiree
    Participant

Thank you for your help, Barry. I have just deactivated all plugins except ‘The Events Calendar’ ‘The Events Calendar:Community Events’ and three security plugins – ‘Acunetix Secure WordPress’, ‘UpdraftPlus-Backup/Restore’, ‘Sucuri Security-SiteCheck Malware Scanner’ (our security is handled by a third party service and I am reticent to mess with that). I’ve just double-checked any possible posts, pages or categories that may have inadvertently been named ‘calendar’, confirmed none have been.

No change on the front end.

🙁

Desiree
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

OK – that’s fine (unfortunately, especially during busy periods, we can’t always get back to a thread twice in one day).

If you adjust the main events page slug from calendar to something as yet not in use, such as calendar-events does the same problem persist?

Desiree
    Participant

I changed the slug to spiderman and the same problem persists

Barry

Definitely puzzling.

I appreciate your reluctance to deactivate security plugin, but simultaneously it’s not impossible that they are conflicting. If you still prefer not to include these in the troubleshooting steps can you approach this by creating a fresh WordPress installation: start only with our plugins and a default theme – check if everything works – and build things up by adding the same theme and plugins as on your live site – checking at each stage to see if the problem has started on this fresh site.

Is that possible here?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread (and so it will no longer be monitored by staff). If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Front End Calendar Not Showing’ is closed to new replies.