French Translation Question

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO French Translation Question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tcoopee
    Participant

When I view the calendar in French, only part of it is showing up as translated, even though some of the strings are translated in the language file. An example I am viewing the calendar by week by default and when I go in, the phrase “Events for week of August 4, 2014” appears in English and the phrase “Week of” in the gray box is also in English. If I toggle to the French, much more of the calendar switches to French. Toggling back to week view reverts back to parts showing up in English. Not sure what to do here, since many of the strings are indeed translated. What am I missing?

Leah

Hi tcoopee,

The reason you are seeing so many words in English is because the translation is outdated. All of our plugins are translated by volunteers, and no one has worked on the French one in a while. Would you be interested in updating the translation? That would fix your site and we’d give you a free license in exchange.

If you are interested, check out the Getting Started post where you’ll find the instructions and files you need. If you are not able to translate it, you’ll unfortunately need to wait for someone else to update the files.

Also, please note that the names of months and days are not translated by our plugin, but by the WordPress translation files. You’ll need to have the latest French translation files installed in order to see those in French.

Best,

Leah

tcoopee
    Participant

This reply is private.

tcoopee
    Participant

This reply is private.

Leah

Hi tcoopee,

Thanks for those details. It looks like you might have found an incorrect textdomain that needs to be fixed. I am unavailable for the next few days, but I will be sure to double check this issue and ticket it as needed. I will update you next week. I suspect that the “Week of” issue will be able to be resolved by our next maintenance update. Thank you for your patience.

Best,

Leah

Leah

Hi tcoopee,

Thanks for your patience while I looked into this. As far as I can see, that string has the correct text domain in the php file and is working properly in the .po file. It is translating properly on my site: https://cloudup.com/cDQwnGIwnfi

Were you sure to update the translate using the latest .po file, as instructed in step #6 in the Getting Started post? That might get things working on your site.

Best,

Leah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘French Translation Question’ is closed to new replies.