Free tickets not showing in main loop

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Free tickets not showing in main loop

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    prydonian
    Participant

Hi

I’m using the snippets provided in https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/change-default-currency/ and https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/currency-symbol-not-showing/ and another bug has shown up.

If I create a ticket that’s free, the “Free” price doesn’t show up either in the loop or on the event page.

If I remove the snippet from here:https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/currency-symbol-not-showing/#dl_post-936224 the “Free” reappears, but the £ symbol then disappears from tickets with prices.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

I am very sorry to hear that you are still experiencing some issues. Let me try to help you on this one.

From what I understood of your problem the Cost of the Ticket is not showing up, only if you remove the Snippet provided by Barry on the other Topic, correct?

I’ve tried to use both of the Snippets at once but on the default template it seems to be fine, but as you are using a custom template for the page event, Can you provide me with the code for template of the <b>single-event.php</b>, so that I can try to reproduce the bug and find a good solution for you.

I will also try to talk to some of my colleagues too see if there is anything that I might be missing.

My Best Regards,

prydonian
    Participant

This is the single-event.php code.

<?php
    /**
    * Single Event Template
    * A single event. This displays the event title, description, meta, and
    * optionally, the Google map for the event.
    * Override this template in your own theme by creating a file at [your-theme]/tribe-events/single-event.php
    * @package TribeEventsCalendar
    */

if ( ! defined( ‘ABSPATH’ ) ) {
    die( ‘-1’ );
    }

$event_id = get_the_ID();

?>

<div id=”tribe-events-content” class=”tribe-events-single vevent hentry”>

<p class=”tribe-events-back”>
    “> <?php _e( ‘« All Events’, ‘tribe-events-calendar’ ) ?>
    </p>

<!– Notices –>
    <?php tribe_events_the_notices() ?>
    <h3 class=”tribe-events-single-section-title aligncenter”><?php echo tribe_get_organizer() ?> presents: </h3>
    <?php the_title( ‘<h2 class=”tribe-events-single-event-title summary entry-title”>’, ‘</h2>’ ); ?>

<div class=”tribe-events-schedule updated published tribe-clearfix”>
    <?php echo tribe_events_event_schedule_details( $event_id, ‘<h3>’, ‘</h3>’ ); ?>
    <?php if ( tribe_get_cost() ) : ?>
    <span class=”tribe-events-divider”>|</span>
    <span class=”tribe-events-cost”><?php echo tribe_get_cost( null, true ) ?></span>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </div>

<!– Event header –>
    <div id=”tribe-events-header” <?php tribe_events_the_header_attributes() ?>>
    <!– Navigation –>
    <h3 class=”tribe-events-visuallyhidden”><?php _e( ‘Event Navigation’, ‘tribe-events-calendar’ ) ?></h3>
    <ul class=”tribe-events-sub-nav”>
    <li class=”tribe-events-nav-previous”><?php tribe_the_prev_event_link( ‘<span>«</span> %title%’ ) ?>
    <li class=”tribe-events-nav-next”><?php tribe_the_next_event_link( ‘%title% <span>»</span>’ ) ?>

<!– .tribe-events-sub-nav –>
    </div>
    <!– #tribe-events-header –>

<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
    <div id=”post-<?php the_ID(); ?>” <?php post_class(); ?>>
    <!– Event featured image, but exclude link –>
    <?php echo tribe_event_featured_image( $event_id, ‘speaker’, false ); ?>

<!– Event content –>
    <?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_before_the_content’ ) ?>
    <div class=”tribe-events-single-event-description tribe-events-content entry-content description”>
    <?php
    $website = tribe_get_event_website_button();
    if ( ! empty( $website ) ):
    ?>
    <div class=”medium primary btn”><?php echo $website ?></div></dd>
    <?php endif ?>

<?php the_content(); ?>
    <?php
    $website = tribe_get_event_website_button();
    if ( ! empty( $website ) ):
    ?>
    <div class=”medium primary btn”><?php echo $website ?></div></dd>
    <?php endif ?>
    </div>
    <!– .tribe-events-single-event-description –>
    <?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_content’ ) ?>

<!– Event meta –>
    <?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_before_the_meta’ ) ?>
    <?php
    /**
    * The tribe_events_single_event_meta() function has been deprecated and has been
    * left in place only to help customers with existing meta factory customizations
    * to transition: if you are one of those users, please review the new meta templates
    * and make the switch!
    */
    if ( ! apply_filters( ‘tribe_events_single_event_meta_legacy_mode’, false ) ) {
    tribe_get_template_part( ‘modules/meta’ );
    } else {
    echo tribe_events_single_event_meta();
    }
    ?>
    <?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta’ ) ?>
    </div> <!– #post-x –>
    <?php if ( get_post_type() == TribeEvents::POSTTYPE && tribe_get_option( ‘showComments’, false ) ) comments_template() ?>
    <?php endwhile; ?>

<!– Event footer –>
    <div id=”tribe-events-footer”>
    <!– Navigation –>
    <!– Navigation –>
    <h3 class=”tribe-events-visuallyhidden”><?php _e( ‘Event Navigation’, ‘tribe-events-calendar’ ) ?></h3>
    <ul class=”tribe-events-sub-nav”>
    <li class=”tribe-events-nav-previous”><?php tribe_the_prev_event_link( ‘<span>«</span> %title%’ ) ?>
    <li class=”tribe-events-nav-next”><?php tribe_the_next_event_link( ‘%title% <span>»</span>’ ) ?>

<!– .tribe-events-sub-nav –>
    </div>
    <!– #tribe-events-footer –>

</div><!– #tribe-events-content –>

What is happening is that the snippets that I’ve been given so far have enabled me to post events to Eventbrite in the correct currency and to have £ instead of $ in the

<div class=”tribe-events-event-cost”>
    <span><?php echo tribe_get_cost( null, true ); ?></span>
    </div>

box in the list/single-event.php template and the

<span class=”tribe-events-cost”><?php echo tribe_get_cost( null, true ) ?></span>

in the single-event.php template.

However, now in both of those bits of code, if an event has free tickets, the word “Free” doesn’t appear.

If I remove the snippets I was given, it does. But then the old problems about either no £ symbol or $ being posted to Eventbrite reoccurs.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

After a lot of debugging I found out that this is a bug that it’s not solve-able by a simple snippet our development team will need to change a behavior of the plugin.

So I created a bug report and we will try to solve it. I can tell you that it might take a while before you see the solution live because the plugin is an effort of a lot of developers.

Sorry If I wasn’t able to help you further here.

My Best Regards,

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Free tickets not showing in main loop’ is closed to new replies.