Free Evaluation? Donation?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Free Evaluation? Donation?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Rosenau

Hi –

I’m Josh, and I am an AmeriCorps Volunteer working at Salish Kootenai College, a Tribal College on the Flathead Reservation in northwest Montana.

I am developing a social calendar site to organize the activities of clubs and organizations at the college.

I’ve been struggling to find a good events calendar that will support students’ ability to self-publish events. I’m very interested in the “Community Events” add on, for this purpose, but I do not have $90 to spend right away – especially without more assurance that this will meet the students’ needs.

As an AmeriCorps Volunteer, I am giving a year of my life in service to college students here in return for earning a poverty wage.

The community at SKC and the Flathead Nation is unique for the high value it places on environmental quality. As a result of these values, money is often short.

So, if you feel like helping out by donating a license to the project, I would be very grateful and I know the donation would go to a good cause.

The projects that the Student Life site will help organize will include advancements to the ecology of wilderness areas and endangered species, climate change resiliency, and the prevention of impacts from invasive species in one of America’s last truly wild places.

Thanks very much!

– Joshua Rosenau

Caroline

Hi Joshua,

Thanks so much for reaching out! We’re happy to offer a nonprofit partnership program to provide free and/or discounted product licenses to qualifying organizations–you can find more information as well as our application link on our Knowledgebase here. (Our program documentation only provides information relating to licensing for Events Calendar PRO and Event Tickets Plus, but please feel free to apply and mention that you’re interested in Community Events–we’ll be glad to consider your application this way.) Let us know if you should have any questions about the program that aren’t answered there!

Thank you!

Joshua Rosenau

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for pointing us to this application.

It has taken some time, but you should have received a completed application today from Yolanda Matt, the head of IT purchasing for SKC.

As you process it, please keep in mind that we are requesting the “Community Events” plugin and not the Pro package that we selected using the radial button on the form.

Please confirm the request for the “Community Events” plugin so that I know the discrepancy is resolved.

Also, let me know if you need any further clarification from SKC in order to fill the donation request.

Thanks again!

– Josh Rosenau,

AmeriCorps VISTA
    Salish Kootenai College,
    Pablo MT
    406-275-4056
    [email protected]

Caroline

Hi Josh,

Thanks for following up to confirm the submission of your nonprofit application! We’ve received your application and have noted your request to substitute Community Events, so we’ll ensure that your app is processed with this preference in mind. It looks like we have everything else we should need, but we’ll be sure to reach out via email if we should have any questions along the way. 🙂

Thanks again, and please don’t hesitate to get in touch if there’s anything else we can do for you!

Joshua Rosenau

Hi again Caroline,

I was wondering if you could tell me a timeframe of when I can expect a decision on the application.

Have a nice weekend.

Thanks,

Josh

Caroline

Hi Josh,

Thanks for following up! Most nonprofit program applications are processed within one week of receipt, although in rare cases some applications may take longer. It appears that your application was fully processed this week, and you should have received a decision from us yesterday. 🙂

I hope that helps! Thanks, and let me know if you should have any other questions!

Joshua Rosenau

Hey Caroline –

I just got off the phone with our IT purchaser.

It seems that our request for a free license to the “Community Events” plugin was met with a coupon for 30 percent off, rather than a free license.

Again, I don’t believe we need the “Pro” version of the software, so I am wondering if the 100 percent off coupon code can be applied towards the purchase of “Community Events” rather than “Events Calendar Pro.”

Thank you very much for your consideration and generosity.

– Josh

Caroline

Hi Josh,

Thanks for following up! The coupon code that was sent to your organization is for Community Events, not Events Calendar PRO. Please double-check the info that you were provided, and please follow up via email for any other questions, as we’re unable to discuss details for individual applications in the public forums.

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out for now, as it’s no longer related to pre-sales, but please don’t hesitate to reach out in an email response to your nonprofit application if you should have any other concerns here! Thanks again, and best of luck with your site! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Free Evaluation? Donation?’ is closed to new replies.