Foto view: previous button not working.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Foto view: previous button not working.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    magnus
    Participant

Hello Tribe,

I am using the Event calendar with PRO and Facebook add-on.

Now everything works fine, except that in the foto view, my previous events button does not work. It is not loading or showing older events, although there is an event from 22 January to 29 January, available and published. The upcoming events are shown just fine.

Any idea how this could happen?

Thank you in advanced,

Kevin Hendricks.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey Kevin,

When I go to your site, it appears to be a work in progress so I’m unable to see the behavior in action. When you say the button does not work, that it’s not loading or showing older events, what exactly does that mean? The button is visible apparently. Is it greyed out? Does it load a new page that shows no events? Does clicking it do nothing at all?

Can you give me just a bit more to go on?

– Julie

magnus
    Participant

This reply is private.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey Kevin,

It looks like it’s a JavaScript error that is occurring, but I’m not able to determine the precise cause. Perhaps that is something you could help us isolate by disabling other plugins one by one and reverting back to the Twenty Twelve default theme. Does any of that make it work as expected?

– Julie

magnus
    Participant

Hello Julie,

I had to let the issue rest for a while to take care of some other tasks. I am back at it now.

After reviewing several threads I seem to have the exact same problem as described here: https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/javascript-errors-on-weekly-and-daily-view/ .

I only have no idea how I can make sure JQuery is not loaded several times.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy magnus,

I am going to take over this thread on Julie’s behalf, since she will not be able to answer promptly.

It looks like your theme is likely conflicting with the Tribe plugins. To test, could you please try temporarily activating the default 2013 theme, and seeing if the issue persists?

If disabling the theme fixes it:

We have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict. It is likely that one of the jQuery libraries your theme is loading is either causing jQuery to malfunction, or it is conflicting with a Tribe library. I am noticing console errors even on the week view page. The best way to figure out which script is conflicting is try dequeueing your theme’s scripts one-by-one until you find the conflict. Once you have found the conflicting script, you could look into either replacing it with an alternative, or modifying it to work.

You might also check your theme to see if there are any duplicate elements ids. This sometimes causes jQuery to behave oddly.

If this section of steps sounds a bit like to Greek to you, or you are thinking that some of these tasks are outside of your skillset, you might need to hire a developer to modify your theme your theme more compatible with plugins. If you do not know someone whom you can hire, have no fear. We actually keep a list of freelancers who are quite capable of making changes on your behalf. You can obtain this list by emailing [email protected] and requesting it.

If the issue persisted in the default 2013 theme:

Please keep the 2013 theme enabled, and also disable any plugins other than the ones from Modern Tribe to see if that fixes it. If it does, please try reenabling the plugins one at a time until the issue resurfaces. When it does resurface, can you let me know which plugin caused that to happen?

Does that make sense? Did that help you to figure this out and fix it? Please let me know. Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

I forgot to add, you might try going to WP Admin > Events > Settings > Display (tab). From there try some of the different options, like Skeleton Styles, and maybe changing the Events template. This is a bit of a long shot, but if one of these options causes your current theme to now work then it is a pretty easy fix. These options do change the way the calendar is layed out a bit though, so if you find one that works you will need to make sure the calendar still looks good in your theme.

– Brook

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Foto view: previous button not working.’ is closed to new replies.