Forward Button Does Not Work

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Forward Button Does Not Work

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    shawntarlo
    Participant

Hello. We have been running the same configuration for a few months now with no issues. Suddenly we have gotten reports from our customer that either nothing is showing in the events list, and or that they cannot move forward using the forward button. They have many events and we are only displaying 15 events per page, so we should be able to page forward and see them all.

We have made quite a few modifications to the system but again everything was working for quite some time, we have not added any new plugins, themes, etc. Due to the custom modifications we installed both a clean un-altered version of 3.4 and a copy of the newest release (3.5.2?) of events and events pro. Neither of these worked either, they have the same problem.

So basically we are unable to see all the events, only the first 15. It might be worth noting as well if we change the items per page to something like 20 it fails to list anything, it simply just shows the map up top with no events listed underneath. Also the back button does work to show past events, and you CAN move forward back to the initial events page but no further than that.

Please feel free to test it out to be familiar with what we are facing. Please let me know if you would like me to switch to the clean version of 3.4 or 3.5 so you can see how it is effected without the mods it only takes a minute or two. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Shawn

Barry

That is odd; but yes if you could switch to using our latest plugins (unmodified of course) and additionally deactivate all other plugins/enable a default and unmodified theme such as Twenty Thirteen – and the problem still occurs – that could be useful to see.

Thanks!

shawntarlo
    Participant

Ok it is currently running the most current versions of the plugins. I am working with the client to deactivate the modifications we made as well so you can see (although i did this and it made no effect on the next function). I installed the very same copies of the plugins on another one of our sites and it works fine. What I did notice is when you hover over the next button on the working site it shows “www.site.com/events/upcoming/” whereas the one in question only says “http://mandarinquarterly.com/chicago/events/#” regardless of version and with or without modifications. So when you manually add that correct string on so adding “events/upcoming/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=1” to the end it works correctly, so the button itself is not correct. Any ideas why that might be!?

shawntarlo
    Participant

Ok custom edits have been removed except for button styling… all stock files..

shawntarlo
    Participant

Sorry for all the posts but I should not on the non-working version this is the URL that appears after clicking next as compared to the one listed above from the working site….

Not working – “?action=tribe_geosearch&tribe_paged=2&tribe_event_display=map”
    Working site – “events/upcoming/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=1”

Barry

OK, thanks for all the info 🙂

At this point can we rewind a little and confirm if there is a problem when all modifications to our plugins have been removed and when no other plugins are activated and, additionally,only a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Thirteen is in place?

Do you find this issue still occurs under those conditions and/or by following those steps were you able to isolate this to a conflict with another component?

Thanks!

shawntarlo
    Participant

Hi Barry,

All modifications to the plugin have been removed (save for the search button) and it running a fresh copy of the newest release. It is very difficult to deactivate all the plugins and change themes as the customer is a fairly high traffic site and we cannot simply take it completely down for any length of time. I will see what we can do tonight about defaulting to a default theme and disabling all other plugins. As stated before the plugin had been working with the same theme and same plugins, nothing was updated as updates are disabled. We will write after the results of the plugin/theme switch.

shawntarlo
    Participant

Since this is a multisite we used our cloning tool to clone the site in question so we could change theme and deactivated plugins without interrupting service. We had VERY strange results. We cloned the site over w/o copying any of the posts (events, posts, pages, etc) but ALL other plugins and files are exactly the same and deactivated all plugins and set to 2012 theme… it worked just fine after making a long occurring event. This made us very happy until we re-activated theme and plugins and it STILL worked… so we have not found the problem. Could it be due to they type of events or how many they have (300+)? We will still try to deactivate all plugins and theme on main site this evening.

Barry

It’s not impossible it relates to the nature of the event data … it definitely sounds like a very specific problem though rather than a general one. Are you able to duplicate this (complete with pages, posts etc) somewhere other than the live environment?

shawntarlo
    Participant

You are certainly correct it does relate to the content of the events themselves. I have found two specific events that are causing the issue and the issue is the HTML content within them. I have it narrowed to the two following lines of code below, which to me do not look out of the ordinary. I can and do have this duplicated at this very moment at http://mandarinquarterly.com/testing3/events/ but am working to solve it so it may change. I have verified it is the lines as removing them clears the issue. This problem is crazy!

Code in post 1 –

Code in post 2 –
    《驴得水》豆瓣活动

《驴得水》Facebook活动

剧社新浪微博:@芝加哥风车剧社

剧社人人网公共主页

Barry

Interesting: just to be sure I’m not missing anything could I ask you to post the code as is via Pastebin or Gist (sometimes the forum automatically converts HTML entities and strips other elements out). That would be supremely helpful 🙂

shawntarlo
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Here you go http://pastebin.com/deZC243u if you need the full posts let me know. This is just the code I have narrowed down to causing the issue.

shawntarlo
    Participant

For the second post I ended up having to remove the Chinese preceding the links, this was the only way it would work. Could some of these Chinese characters be causing a problem, they all appear correctly but they break the paging function of events for whatever reason..

Barry

Hmm, even with that same HTML in an event appearing on the first page of results I’m afraid I cannot replicate the problem … definitely a strange situation but, honestly, right now I’m not sure there is much more we can do to help.

I did take another peek at your site but it looks like perhaps you’ve now removed the pagination links completely?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Forward Button Does Not Work’ is closed to new replies.