Formatting and "continue reading" link not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Formatting and "continue reading" link not working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dmuuc
    Participant

I don’t know what happened to make the calendar all screwed up. The “View more” links in the right side widget on http://dmuuc.org works, but the page it goes to is not readable due to the formatting. Then the “continue reading” link doesn’t work. It used to have a link to change it from a single event to the whole month, but that doesn’t exist now. It’s just a mess. Please help!

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Can you also try testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins? If you would prefer not to do this on your live site, WP Staging will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing. Let me know what you find!

Thanks,
    Brendan

dmuuc
    Participant

I don’t know how to do live staging. I’m also working 60+ hr. weeks – this is volunteer, so any help you can give would be appreciated.

If the Church has to hire someone to do it, they may end up with a theme that includes a calendar if the person they hire suggests it. Up until now The Event Calendar has served us well.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Unfortunately the only options we have is to guide you in troubleshooting starting with the instructions I sent to pin point where the issue is coming from. Definitely looks like some conflict with the theme is happening.

Let me know what you find or if you need to hire someone to do this.

Thanks,
    Brendan

dmuuc
    Participant

Yes, it is the theme. It had a major update probably Jan. 9 is what I can gather and they apparently aren’t supporting the free theme. I have a child theme, but I switched to the major theme and it’s not that. I tried other themes, but it would be like rebuilding the site to switch to another theme.

Any idea where the issue could be? I have tried troubleshooting on Firefox, but I haven’t done website development in years.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Its hard to say what is happening with the theme. When I do a console error search, nothing jumps out. If you do decided to use this theme, I would have a developer take a look at any possible conflicts.

Thanks,
    Brendan

dmuuc
    Participant

I tweaked the settings in The Events Calendar and it looks better, but I need a left margin and something isn’t right with the left and right arrows to the past and next event. Otherwise, it’s looking much better.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by dmuuc.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by dmuuc.
    Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I see what you are saying. You can try added this css to your style.css file in your theme:

div#tribe-events-pg-template {padding: 20px;}

If for some reason that doesn’t work, add it this way:

div#tribe-events-pg-template {padding: 20px !important;}

And obviously you can change the amount of padding to fit your desired looked.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Formatting and "continue reading" link not working’ is closed to new replies.