Form Styling – messy template – too many options

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Form Styling – messy template – too many options

• This topic has 12 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Matt Gray.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Matt Gray
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to sort the community add event form… but none of the tables align…

Is there a way to have the label of all tables align – see here: http://aquaphysical.com/classes/community/add

I’ll send over credentials in a hidden reply.

Also, when you select a venue / organiser – shouldn’t it pop up with all the details to be able to check that it’s correct?

Can these fancy dropdowns fill 100% width instead of all being really small?

Thanks!
    Matt

Matt Gray
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Matt and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the alignment issue you are experiencing on your community form submission page.

I would love to help you with this topic.

With that in mind, I took a look at the page and for the most part, it seems to be aligned.
    Is it possible you have reworked it using some CSS ?

Also, when you select a venue / organiser – shouldn’t it pop up with all the details to be able to check that it’s correct?

Actually, the answer is no.
    When you select an existing venue, it will not provide it’s details in that context.

The main reason for this is to minimize the potential for duplicate venues.

Can these fancy dropdowns fill 100% width instead of all being really small?

Try adding the following CSS rule to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox:

#tribe-community-events #defaultCountry, #tribe-community-events #eventsDefaultState, #tribe-community-events #StateProvinceSelect, #tribe-community-events .events-dropdown, #tribe-community-events .linked-post-dropdown, #tribe-community-events .organizer-dropdown, #tribe-community-events .venue-dropdown {
    width: 100%!important;
    }

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Matt Gray
    Participant

Hey,

I’m afraid that CSS made no difference at all…

I’ve managed to increase the width of the fields, but not the width of the dropdown (shouldn’t this fill the width of its container?).

Please see attached for alignment – it’s aligned-ish, but not perfect by any stretch!

I’ve added this, but it makes no difference at all weirdly:

.tribe-community-event-details td.label, td.saved-organizer-table-cell, td.tribe-table-field-label, .event-website-details label, label.EventCurrencySymbol, label.EventCost {
    	width: 25%!important;
    	max-width: 25%!important;
    	min-width: 25%!important;
    }

Cheers,
    matt

Geoff B.

Good evening Matt,

I am sorry the previous CSS did not help. What is strange is that it is not showing up on your site at all.

In any case, could you give the following one a shot ?

.tribe_community_edit .select2-container {
    width: 100% !important;
    }

.tribe-community-event-details td {
    padding: 8px 0 8px 8px;
    }

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B

Matt Gray
    Participant

Still no joy I’m afraid!

Can I give you my FTP details to have a look yourself?

Or any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Matt

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Matt Gray
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Matt Gray
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Form Styling – messy template – too many options’ is closed to new replies.