Force Shortcodes

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Force Shortcodes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kyle
    Participant

Is there a code I could drop in to my functions.php that will force the shortcode style instead of the permalinks style. I have user front end user account areas so I was thinking of dropping the trip list under a “my trips” tab. Also, I am using a custom form so I can’t have users submitting events on the default form page by mistake..

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Kyle,

You can use the built in WordPress function do_shortcode() to spit out any shortcode anywhere in your templates. http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/do_shortcode

I hope that helps.

– Jonah

Kyle
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Jonah

I tried out your solution, but unfortunately it didn’t work. I can’t say for certain on the events list part because I am one of the WP-Router people, so that page doesn’t work for me. However, when I force shortcodes for the form all that is output are the two words “submit event” rather than the entire form. I have been reading through the code when I have a free minute to try and put in a quick fix to disable the permalinks operation, but haven’t come up with anything.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Kyle,

Can you please post some more information about how/where you are putting the do_shortcode() function? And, can you post an example of your site so I can see it in action?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Kyle
    Participant

Jonah;

Apparently I was a bit confused.. I thought I would be able to include the ‘My events’ page using a shortcode. I don’t have the shortcodes up because I am not using the form (I use gravity forms), however I am not able to view any events list because of the router problem. Here is an example link: http://hookahi.com/example/events/community/list

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Kyle,

The My Events page is not a public page and can only be accessed by a logged in user. When I visit the above page, I just see a login form. Have you tried updating to the most recent version of Community Events (1.0.2)? That may help. Otherwise, you can send us wp admin credentials to pro [at] tri [dot] be referencing this thread and we will take a look.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Force Shortcodes’ is closed to new replies.