Force Login before adding tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Force Login before adding tickets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Participant

Hi,

I have multiple tickets for a series of events that I’m selling via my site and even though there is a link that says “login to purchase“, I would like to force my customers to login beforehand. The reason for this is that they have been completing ticket information (including all the attendee information) and this gets wiped on their smartphone after they have logged in (after completing all the details) which, as you can imagine, is very frustrating for them.

Many thanks, in advance,

Jason

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can require this by going into Events > Settings > Tickets and checking “Require users to be logged in before they purchase tickets” (see screenshot).

Let me know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jason
    Participant

Hi Jennifer, I already had that ticked.

Here is the scenario

1 Event
    Multiple tickets – spanning down the page
    New Customer – not logged in
    Customer completes event form adding multiple tickets and answering all the questions in the extra ticket fields.
    They then see the “login before purchase” option, click on it and all the information they have just added is gone after they return to the page.

I either want to force them to login before they view the event page or have a way of retaining the information they just typed when they return to the page

Many thanks

Jason

Jason
    Participant

Could this be re-answered please? Please see my second post. Thank you.

Regards

Jason

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

I see what you mean now – thanks for clarifying! Unfortunately there is not an out of the box way to do this, but it can be accomplished with a little bit of customization.

If you only want to restrict single events to logged in users (not other views like month, list, etc.), then I think your best bet would be to modify the template by copying and pasting it into your child theme following these instructions.

I made a quick example for you that wraps the event details in a conditional statement so that they are only displayed if the user is logged in. It includes a link to the login page and will redirect users back to the event page, with all details shown, after they login. This is the single-event.php template that you can add to your theme following the above instructions.

To change the login message, look for this in the file:

/* Change the login message here */
    echo "To view event details and purchase tickets, please login first.";

There are several different ways you could do this, so if you need any tips on doing something differently (for example, hiding more/less info) please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Force Login before adding tickets’ is closed to new replies.