Footer Widgets & Time View Question

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Footer Widgets & Time View Question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    verdipro
    Participant

I have 3 questions regarding my event calendar pro installation.

1) My calendar is setup as monthly view & my footer is now not showing up on the page. Is there a reason for that? And if so, is there a shortcode that I can apply the monthly view into so that it appears & my footer shows up again? Or is there a better way to get the footer to show again?

2) In the monthly view it shows all of the events & when you mouse over you see the time. Is there a way that the times can show up without the need to mouse over?

3) Lastly, is there a way to disable to click thru to a the page for that event?

Hunter

Hi and welcome back 🙂

1) My calendar is setup as monthly view & my footer is now not showing up on the page. Is there a reason for that? And if so, is there a shortcode that I can apply the monthly view into so that it appears & my footer shows up again? Or is there a better way to get the footer to show again?

I would start by reviewing the Events Settings Overview and Stylesheets and Page Templates tutorial and try different options available to see if it’s as simple as that. If none of the options have the desired effect, you might want to review the Themer’s Guide to identify if you have any custom template overrides. If you do, you might need to review the code in your overrides to make sure you’re not using outdated code.

When users have custom templates they are responsible for updating them to match changes made in new releases – of course, we try to minimize disruption as far as possible. Also, we try to clue them in to things they should look for by providing useful data in Events > Help > Recent Template Changes. If you navigate there, you should see a list of recently updated templates (which changes each release).

2) In the monthly view it shows all of the events & when you mouse over you see the time. Is there a way that the times can show up without the need to mouse over?

To accomplish this would require customizations as outlined in the Themer’s Guide. I haven’t done this particular customization but I imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult to achieve.

3) Lastly, is there a way to disable to click thru to a the page for that event?

I’m sorry, maybe it’s late, but I’m having a hard time understanding what you’re asking. Can you try rewording this request? Screenshots are always helpful for me 🙂

Please keep me updated and have a pleasant day. Cheers!

verdipro
    Participant

In regards to #1 & #2, ok thank you, I will check that out.

In regards to #3. See attached. That is the events calendar. Every item on there is clickable to an individual page for that event. Is there a way to “disable” that link so that nothing is clickable?

Hunter

Thank you for further clarifying. You would need to do a template override and remove the links wrapped around the event title in that particular view (Month). If you need any assistance with that, let me know and I can provide more information – though it’ll essentially be the same info you can get from the Themer’s Guide.

Have a great weekend ahead! Cheers 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Footer Widgets & Time View Question’ is closed to new replies.