Footer Styling in Calendar and FB Event Links

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Footer Styling in Calendar and FB Event Links

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mshane
    Participant

Hey Guys –

2 questions.

1) When I enter a link to the event that shows up in the single event sidebar the link bleeds out beyond the sidebar. Is there a way that the link (they can be long) can simply wrap to another line below and still be contained in the sidebar?

Here is an example:

http://www.visittahoecity.org/event/ike-martin-2/

2) Not sure this is theme related. But the footer area in the events area & ONLY in the events area (which is why I am asking) has padding on the left and right sides of about 30 pixels. I am wondering if there is a style coming from the calendar itself causing this area to appear boxed and not full width. It doesn’t happen on any other area in the website. It is only happening in the events archive area and single events pages. Please see the footer area on any event. Here is an example:

http://www.visittahoecity.org/event/ike-martin-2/

Here is an example of how it should look and works sidewide outside of any areas where the plugin is working:

About TCDA

Thanks!

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Just to let you know, we are limited by our Support Policy in how much we can help with customizations, but I will try to point you in the right direction.

For your first issue, try adding the following CSS to your WordPress Customizer or theme’s (or child theme’s) stylesheet:
    dd.tribe-events-event-url a {
    overflow-wrap: break-word;
    }

For your issue with the footer, try adding the following CSS:
    div#main.clearfix {
    padding:0px;
    }

Let me know how that all works out for you!

Thanks,

Jaime

mshane
    Participant

Hey Jamie –

Thanks so much. Question on second issue. So I understand completely about asking for customization help and I am curious because the CSS style you are targeting seems to be a sitewide style as #main. However, the problem as I said before is ONLY on site pages related specifically to the Events Calendar which is why I brought it up wondering if the calendar was causing the issue as it seems that is the only difference between “working” site footer and “non working site footers” is your plugin.

So – I am a bit hesitant to implement a sitewide change when the issue is isolated to a small portion of the site.

Does that make sense? Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks so much for you advice and direction. I appreciate it.

matt

Hi Matt,

The code should not affect the look of your footer on other parts of your site, because the footer is already full-length there.  I understand your hesitation to implement a sitewide change, and if this solution isn’t a workable one for you, you may want to do some further investigation and see if the theme is conflicting with The Events Calendar and changing the footer.  You can start this process by changing to a default WordPress theme, like ‘Twentyseventeen’ and see if the footer issue is resolved there.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Footer Styling in Calendar and FB Event Links’ is closed to new replies.