Footer and Padding Issues

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Footer and Padding Issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    scott
    Participant

1)I noticed that on the events pages my footer gets all messed up. It’s ok if I switch to using my themes default page but then the calendars don’t look good. You can see the issue here…http://www.amerikick.com/events/

2) The second issue is that when you click on an event from the calendar, the page has no padding and everything is smushed against the left side. I tried fixing this with css but then it interferes with the layouts when viewing the calendar list and other views. This issue can be seen here…
    http://www.amerikick.com/event/amerikick-college-2012/

Can anyone help me with this?

Joyce Grace

Hello Scott,
    This sounds like a customization request, and is very likely to do with your theme. We don’t normally support these types of issues, since our promise is to make sure our plugin is operating using the latest WordPress standards, which can be tested by switching to the latest version of the Twenty Eleven theme, on the latest version of WordPress, using the latest version of all our plugins and add-ons.

However, I’m happy to try to help if I can, and if it’s a quick fix.

To get us started, can you please first confirm you have done the following?

1. Are you running the latest version of WordPress?
    2. Are you running the latest versions of our plugins (2.0.8)?
    3. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to rule out a conflict?
    4. Have you tried reverting to the Twenty Eleven theme to see if it’s something with your theme?

Knowing that you’ve done all of the above will help me narrow down the issue a lot faster.

Thanks!

scott
    Participant

Thanks Joyce. I am running the latest of WP, Events Pro, and theme. I was able to fix the footer issue. It does seem to be a theme issue since twenty eleven obviously works fine. I just need to set the padding correctly on this display..http://www.amerikick.com/event/amerikick-college-2012/ . If you can give me advice that would be great. Thanks.

scott
    Participant

I see that the content id of my theme has no padding. I tried to add it specifically to just the events content but I must not have the selectors correct. Heres what I tried…
    body #container #content .tribe-events-event widecolumn {padding-left: 30px;}

Joyce Grace

Hello Scott,

One more thing to try – since you were able to fix the footer issue, if you switch to the default Page Template will that work?

If not, try adding a width and / or left and right margins to this selector:
    #tribe-events-content

Joyce Grace

Also for the individual event pages you will want to add a width and margins to this:

#content .tribe-events-event .widecolumn {

scott
    Participant

Thanks, I tried adding that to the css but it didn’t even register. The themes #content id seems to control everything even when I add important declaration.

Joyce Grace

Did you try switching to the default page template?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Footer and Padding Issues’ is closed to new replies.