Font Size is Really Large in the Actual Calendar Space

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Font Size is Really Large in the Actual Calendar Space

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tammy
    Participant

HI

The font inside each day on the Event Calendar is really large. I was wondering if there is a way to make is much smaller.

Also, I want the event calendar in our membership area but since this isn’t on a page I have made I can’t set it that way. Any suggestions or is there a shortcode? Thanks

George
    Participant

Hey @Patrick,

Are you using a specific plugin to power the “membership area” of your site? If so, which plugin?

As for your question about font sizes, yes, you can adjust this with custom CSS on your site. If you need to write custom CSS on your site, definitely check out a [free!] tool like Firebug if you use FireFox, or the Developer Tools for either Safari or Chrome. They have “Inspector” tools that let you zoom right over the element whose font styles and et cetera you would like to customize.

Thank you,
    George

Tammy
    Participant

We are using Indeed Ultimate Membership Pro as our membership plugin.

I don’t write CSS and I thought there was an easy fix for the font size.

George
    Participant

Thanks for confirming, Patrick. For limiting access to the Events page, your best course of action is to contact the support team of Ultimate Membership Pro to see if they have any documentation on customizing templates to limit access with their plugin.

It will likely take custom coding. The “Events” feed generated by The Events Calendar is not an actual page so it is challenging to work with in these contexts—I’m sorry to bear the bad news!

As for the CSS changes, the bad font-sizing comes from your theme so it will require the sort of CSS changes I describe above. As a quick example of this, try adding the following CSS to the bottom of your theme’s style.css file:

.tribe-events-calendar div[id*="tribe-events-event-"] h3.tribe-events-month-event-title a {
    font-size: 0.6em;
    }

Play around with the size value there and use the methods I described above for any further customizing.

You could also hire a professional developer to write the code for you. We have a list of great developers here → http://m.tri.be/18k1 (and have no affiliation with any of these folks–they’re simply some well-respected names in the community that we’ve compiled to share in situations like this one).

I wish you the best of luck with your customizations and site.

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Font Size is Really Large in the Actual Calendar Space’ is closed to new replies.