Font Display on Android Mobile vs iPhone Mobile

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Font Display on Android Mobile vs iPhone Mobile

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Christian
    Participant

The app seems to be working wonderfully. However, in “month” view, the calendar day headings on iPhone are clearly not displaying correctly – and yet on android they are fine. I’ve tried moving to a standard theme (we’re using Avada) and the same issue is occurring.

Here’s a link to a snapshot from an iphone: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nv1hu3wbqz4sgym/IMG_1283.PNG?dl=0
    Here’s a link to a snapshot from an android: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwl9qbcru6i60i4/Screenshot_2015-04-14-11-53-17.png?dl=0

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Christian,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the support forum.

I would like to know which version of the iOS we are talking and which iPhone, so that we can do the proper testing and create a ticket on our bug tracker.

My Best regards,

Christian
    Participant

Hi Gustavo,

This appears to be happening on various iPhone 5/5s units. All that we have tested were running iOS 8/8+. The iPhone 4 and 6 that we tested appear fine.

Let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Christian,

I did a fair bit of testing on this, and it doesn’t present this error on any of the default themes.

I can say that this Abbreviation happens on a JavaScript and your theme might be conflicting for some reason on that type of iPhone.

Can you test to see if the behavior happens on the default themes? Like Twenty Twelve on mobile?

My Best Regards,

Christian
    Participant

Hi Gustavo..

Yes.. we tried with a couple of the basic themes, and still had the same results. I turned off all other plugins as well just to be certain. Still happens.

Interesting that it only seems to happen on the 5 and 5s – and not consistently. It happens on some of them, but not all of them. We did an exhaustive search through the settings of each… and could not find anything odd or different between them. I even tried using an iPod and it worked fine on that as well.

So I’m thinking that there must be something about the model that was being used that causes it. Since we cannot replicate this anywhere else – that’s all that I can think that’s left.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Christian
    Participant

Hi Gustavo

We visited that link with the iPhone that’s having trouble with the other link. Here is a link to the screenshot for that result:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz9tjPyIkkRSZXVYc1MzOVFnQ2s/view?usp=sharing

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Weird, So it should be something on your CSS conflicting.

Provide me with a link and I might be able to check what is wrong.

My Best Regards,

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Font Display on Android Mobile vs iPhone Mobile’ is closed to new replies.