Font colors for each separate ics feed

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Font colors for each separate ics feed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

Hi I’m wondering if there is a way to change the font color for each of my 9-10 ics feeds that populate my calendar.

One other question: When I create those ics feeds, there is no way to select a category until after I save the recurring feed and then you can edit and select a category but it doesn’t seem to save that setting after the sync. When the feed imports it’s data, it comes in with no category and it appears to automatically create the venue from the location field in Outlook. This creates more headaches because people don’t always use the same name for the location field. To fix it, I’ve been sorting all events by the venue but I have to use several of them to get all of the correct events for that room and then set them all manually to the correct category. Is there a better way this can be done?

Cliff

Hi Rob. Please know that we’d like each question to be in its own forum post for clarity and quality of replies.

1) import feed font color

I am not sure where/what you’re referring to regarding colors. Would you mind sending me a screenshot / mockup of what you’d like to see?

2) import category and/or importing venues

I’m unclear what exactly you’re asking. Are you asking about categories set upon import or new venues being included in the import?

Thanks.

Rob
    Participant

Sorry about that. How do I send a picture in this reply? I’ll describe it again. When you look at a Week or Month view of the calendar, I’d like to have the events from one category show up as green and events from another category show up as blue, etc. Each of these ics feeds represents a meeting room here and is placed into a category by the same name but our clients want to be able to view many categories(rooms) at the same time. We are a retirement community so their old eyes prefer some different color font to help differentiate things in a single screen.

As for question 2, I think I was able to get my categories to stick prior to saving them as a recurring import so I think that will work for me.

Cliff

This might be what you’re looking for: https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar-category-colors/ (third party so we don’t guarantee it)

===

Assuming that solves your question, here’s info for the future:

You can share screenshots with us by uploading to a free service and sharing a link. Several good options include:

You may choose to set your reply to “Private” if you don’t want the links to be as publicly-accessible.

Rob
    Participant

Cool. Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the other tips as well.

Cliff

Excellent! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Font colors for each separate ics feed’ is closed to new replies.